VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my service done next week after much shopping around my local garage which only deals with high end motors and police cars is doing a major service brake fluid change and haldex oil and filter for £320 Vw were going to charge me over £600 for this

·
1,357 Posts
£600... are you sure? That's ridiculous.

Try and get a service plan for £350 or close by.

2 services (major and minor), 2 mots

Haldex service should be something like £60 and no clue about brake fluid, but 600 quid seems abit steep all in, even from main dealer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked about a service plan they won't for r32's £299 for othr models

·
1,357 Posts
Try another dealer, I have one, infact it's the second one I've bought since I've had my R as they are really quite good value for money and I know a few other owners who have them.

It is down to the dealers discretion if he wants to sell you one or not though.

·
19,389 Posts
Major service including plugs is around £300 at my local dealer.
Haldex oil and filter is around £
and brake fluid around £50.

Only times it would be £600 is if itvwas DSG and the DSG oil and filter were being done.

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
How old & what mileage is your MK5?

Personally I'd also recommend a gearbox oil change(if its a manual) & a rear diff oil change, as after a few years the fluids become really grubby-fluids for both should be around £30 to £40

·
Registered
250 Posts
Got the 2 year servicing plan thrown in when I bought my car. when that's up I'm sure as hell gonna try and get my local VW to let me purchase it again!

·
1,138 Posts
Priced up my next service at my local dealer, and for standard service, DSG & Haldex service was rounded off at £400 all in. My local dealer has a good bunch of people working there, and they know there customs very well.

I am thinking this is a good price. Anyone any thoughts?

·
19,389 Posts
I would say that is a good price:)

Just make sure that includes the Haldex filter as VW actually don't specify that it's changed on the MK5 but obviously makes sense to do so

1 - 11 of 11 Posts