VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Think when my car got hit the other the mirror must of got whacked. When I drive along the glass wobbles a bit. No viable damage so not sure what to do? Whole mirror is in tact

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had this happen to my old Mk5, the glass mirror plate had separated from the plastic mount and was slowly pulling away. It got worse as time went on to the point that if you accelorated hard the mirror would tip as it was only stuck on at the top. When i explained the fault to vw they said that it is a one part peice, as in it is mirror glass with mount attached, not mirror glass + mount. Unfortunatly i didn't find a permanent fix for it as i got rid of the car soon after so some reg plate double sided tape held it in place temporarily.

If you can get your fingers/something behind the glass, just see if it is pulling away, otherwise i would suspect the mount is the issue.
Sorry i can't help with a fix.

·
1,152 Posts
If the glass has come away from the mounting plate, remove it completely, clean it with some type of solvent and then superglue it back on.

I done it with mine a few months ago and it aint moved since!

·
Registered
223 Posts
My b6 Passat did this. I put it through the car wash and coincidentally it stopped wobbling :/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts