VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
276 Posts

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Nice.

Not sure if its the pictures, but the styling just doesn't get me excited ...

·
1,927 Posts
That white shows off the shape better. It is a little conservative looking, but I like that now I'm old. Prefer those wheels, too.

Hopefully the M135i will force VW to lower the price, as the previous R is still out of my price range after more than 3 years. I'd like to be able to afford a 2 year old one of these!

Having looked at the pics now, it seems to have a nice redline, well north of 7K. Pretty good for a turbo car...

·
19,389 Posts
Liking those wheels better.

They really have to drop the price compared to the MK6 due the M135i already mentioned as well as the S3 having a base price of £30,640.

·
2,803 Posts
That one in white looks lovely, but so tame!

·
633 Posts
It doesn't convince me at all. Already the Mk6 R disappointed me with the decision to drop the mighty V6 (and adopt that horrible new logo), but at least I liked the sporty but elegant look of it.
Now this Mk7 R is even worse. It really looks too sedate and totally lacks of character. To not talk about that silly oval quad-pipe. The central double exhaust was so much better and distinctive.
I think we all choose the R32 to drive something different, in some way "special" and not ordinary. That 2.0 4-cyl is so boring and soulless, every damn hot hatch uses it now. If it was just about bhp we could simply remap some GTI and get as fast (or even more).

·
1,138 Posts
I am quite liking the mk7 R. I think it will continue to grow on me and end up loving it. It does need the Recaro's in there, but I think it only needs a few things to make it a truly brilliant car. The pricing is a big point, as the S3 is looking a better option should they pitch it around the same price.

·
699 Posts
Bland as hell £40k fully loaded for what looks like a SE tdi with 19"s, Would have to be a S3 at least that shows signs that it will tear your face off,

Maybe NOCHAV could get hold of it and widen the arches abit or something to give a bit of grrrr, Atleast the MK6 had a bit of edge to its looks, christ the mk7 GTI looks meaner than the R!

If only Prof Winterkorn would read forums and actually find out what the people want for his "peoples car" company

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Boring.

Another car designed by accountants to maximise profit.
Hey us Accountants aren't all boring... and we certainly don't maximise profit, our job's the opposite

1 - 16 of 16 Posts