VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls

I know this may seem like a silly question but is there any side effects to leaving the battery out for long periods i.e 2 weeks?
Just i have taken it out to give it a full charge (alarm ran it down after not driving it) and i am away on holiday over the christmas period. I wasn't going to fit the battery until i came back but just wanted to make sure it isnt going to cause me any problems on my return?

Thankyou in advanced

Merry christmas and a happy new year to all.

·
19,403 Posts
No issue leaving the battery disconnected for any period.

·
2,204 Posts
I don't know if all MK4's are the same but my Gamma doesn't ask for a code after refitting thr battery. It remembers all the settings too, so must store it all on eprom.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mine ask me for radio code mfd 1 , again no harm disconnecting I left mine in its hutch for 4 months as I was in the desert

·
4,420 Posts
the alarm comment is a valid one

·
Queen In The North
1,358 Posts
James if its in a garage then do it but otherwise you'll have no alarm etc as others have said.. Have a good Christmas bet you're off somewhere exotic haha

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
CorradoR32 said:
I don't know if all MK4's are the same but my Gamma doesn't ask for a code after refitting thr battery. It remembers all the settings too, so must store it all on eprom.
It should ask for a code

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone
was pretty sure it will be ok just wanted to check as I know sometimes older tech things have memory battery's and didn't want any ecu problems.
Non standard radio and locked away so all good.

Off to India Michelle we will have to meet up soon.

Have a great christmas and new year all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts