VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just been referred to this site by someone on MKiv's.net.......good place to find out about all the technical elements of R32.

Recently sold my mkiv pd 150 and have now come back from the dark side to purchase a deep blue mkiv r32.............

Hopefully picking her up later this week and very excited....have been staring at it for weeks in the showroom and finally went in and put down a deposit...

Hopefully this weekend will take her out and hit the b roads - hopefully will not be torque steering into hedges like my previous oil burner...

Anyway just wanted to say hi - anyone on here from south west area?:D :D

·
4,328 Posts
Hiya and welcome to the board, im from the south west but my feet are dangling off the cliff (ie the bottom of cornwall).

Im sure you will have fun when you get the car :)

·
387 Posts
am not too far from yous - am up the m4 in reading.... welcome good buddy! :ciao:

·
1,432 Posts
OO very nice, DBP is an awesome colour. I prefer it to my BMP now :)

Looking forward to seeing some pics once you collect.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
welcome to the site, was me that pointed you in this direction cos i'm a forum whore lol

You got any plans already for it ?

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Macdaddy - sorry could not remember who it was on mkiv's who pointed me in this direction - cheers!

Plans for her: at moment think I need to get used to the sensitive throttle and after i have had it about a month and I am 'used to the power' I will explore options................

Supercharger may be a bit too crazy for me - remap defintely an option but don't think there are many places around Bristol to get either one done??

Will have to check out other sections to listen to other R driver's feedback......only thing stopping me si finding an insurance company that will not laugh at me when I ask for a quote on s'charged r32!!!

any pointers??

·
286 Posts
Hi, welcome. You simply must do the damp start thing..... ESP off, 3000 rpm and side step the clutch, you'll be amazed. Enjoy!! :wavey:

·
4,328 Posts
dannyrado said:
Hi, welcome. You simply must do the damp start thing..... ESP off, 3000 rpm and side step the clutch, you'll be amazed. Enjoy!! :wavey:
Only three grand :aetsch: do it like 5 grand, its way more fun and also better for the clutch and gearbox :)

G

·
Hi there, welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing the picures!

Let us know how your first weekend went with her!! I bet you're still smiling!

·
286 Posts
pomme said:
Only three grand :aetsch: do it like 5 grand, its way more fun and also better for the clutch and gearbox :)
Yeah mines ok at 5K, i've been in a few that the clutch just slips like a biatch when you use 5K. You've a good'n if you can. :151:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts