VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VW tried to enable mine today and failed. Anyone know if VAG-COM can activate the alarm chirp on the MKV successfully?

Ta,

Jo

·
4,328 Posts
I think its basically just a change of a number in vagcom from 0 to 1 or the other way round, and not a download which ve tried to tell me once.

Ill have a search into this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Pomme, I'll have a read. I think US cars use the car horn (or at least one of them) for the chirp and for when the alarm goes off. I think our cars use a dedicated siren for the main alarm and the chirp.

·
421 Posts
Its a VagCom activated feature, VW dealers cant activate it with their software. If you search the forum for your nearest member with VagCom its a 2 minute job.
Wasn't on mine until i got a mate to activate the alarm chirp and single press door opening via VagCom.
(Think it was in central convience/locks section, long code helper, check alarm notification settings.)

·
6 Posts
BWR32 is right. You'll need access to VAG Com.

Chirp on lock is in 'Central Convenience/Adaptation/Channel 7.
Single click unlock is in 'Central Convenience/Coding. You'll need to input the correct code for your car according to the pop-up bubble in the software.

·
640 Posts
It's strange that mine chirps when doing total closure SOMETIMES ! Can't get it to do it all the time ! I put a thread up but it bumped !

·
421 Posts
MyMkIIwassimplerthanthis said:
BWR32 is right. You'll need access to VAG Com.

Chirp on lock is in 'Central Convenience/Adaptation/Channel 7.
Single click unlock is in 'Central Convenience/Coding. You'll need to input the correct code for your car according to the pop-up bubble in the software.
If you click on long code helper, another box comes up in which you just need to check/uncheck the relevant box, rather than input the code.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts