276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

Ive almost decided on the following as a pre-xmas gift

Golf Mk5 R32 Free Flow Manifold & hi-flow cat - £1,117.58
Golf Mk5 R32 3.2 V6 Milltek resonated cat-back Dual 100mm Jet £419.95
GruppeM Induction £410 (imported)
Revo Stage 2 (I think) - £???

What sort of gains can I expect? approx 270 hp or am I dreaming?

Would it be better spent on cams, or should I sack it all off and go forced induction (if available)?

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Think people are having problems with Revo remaps ?

·
4,328 Posts
I would def get the exhaust. As for the others it would really depend on your end goal. If you are going to do turbo in say 6 months time is the money really well spent on an induction kit now :( probably not.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
There's a very positive review of the MKV Revo Remap and a not so positive review of the APS Remap (Superchips?) over on Tyresmoke at the moment. Interested to hear the results, whatever you decide. Nice shopping list chap.

Cheers
Dave

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmmm

I think I might just go for the cat back, filter of some sort and stage 1.

Read that the milltek cats and manifold are being withdrawn due to problems low down losses.

·
2,548 Posts
Yes, just do the Milltek cat-back, I believe the full system is no longer available. I'm currently researching the Supersprint cat-back as an alternative.

·
1,222 Posts
Yes, just do the Milltek cat-back, I believe the full system is no longer available
do you have some evidence of this? as I have checked milltek website and my mechanic who is a agent for milltek. and the full system is still available. I got the Manifolds & Hi-Flow cats fitted at the end of November.

·
2,548 Posts
Just what I've read on Tyresmoke and VW Vortex. The full system has been removed from the Milltek site. I remember an additional option to this earlier in the year. I could be wrong, don't take my word for it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Revo Mk5 Golf software is just brilliant!!!! go for it....

Forget the mk5 manifolds for the time being....

And that gruppe M intake is just pure sex...

I would say your cat back milltek, revo stage 1 and intake will give you 275 - 280 bhp...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yeah! No Manifolds & Cats for us (yet)

But a good setup will be Catback+Cams+Intake and custom remap....

We not have Revo or Superchips here in Sweden/Denmark!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts