VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at making a few mods to the Mk 4 and looking for advise from anyone who has done them, the main intention is to soften the suspension but improve the handling to that ends i want to do the following,
Fit Koni FSD's
Neuspeed or eibach sway bars F and R
Haldex controller

Any advise ?

Also EIP STS and short shift combo and K & N typhoon air filter.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks all

·
3,732 Posts
hmmmm, i'll probably get slated for saying this but i wouldnt personally fit a typhoon mate. the intake sits inside the engine bay therefore harvesting heat on intake. choice would be to use a COLD air induction setup that runs down past the battery and sits behind the lower grill (which you'd have to make holes in or buy one precut from german ebay) more efficient

just my 2pence worth. most popular weapon of choice on here is the carbonio

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I agree with Cherry re- the filter, i love my Carbonio.

The haldex blue is on my "to do list"

As for softening the suspension i'm not sure even coilovers would do that, its a lot to do with thte low profiles and big wheels too.

·
4,328 Posts
From what have done i think the 2 (okay three) most important/affective mods were the front and rear arbs (either h&r or neuspeed, i went h&r becuase they are cheaper, lighter, thinner but stronger) and the haldex blue.

As for the coils, i suppose if you raised them up high and gave them alot of rebound then the ride may be softer but then you handling will go way off. With them is all basically trial and error untill you find a setting you like, as everyone is different :)

G

·
I have Neuspeed ones 25mm front, 22mm rear and the cars understeer has been reduced tremendously. It stays a lot flatter going into a corner now.

I used to lean my body going into a corner and now I don't, as it a lot more neutral - much less body roll.

I can carry more speed into the corner now. Looking forward to combining them with V3s.

Would well recommend the ARBs - need laser geometry after though :151:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts