VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just renewed my insurance and was very surprised by the price £297 all in!, I checked and double checked everything was as per my old insurance and it was result!.

My renewal with Bell Direct was gonna be £478 and the best they could offer when i phoned about More Than's price was £432.

Funny thing is when i did a quote through More Than's own site it came out at £390:dontknow:

So Go Compare are definitely worth a shot if yours is due.

I'm 35 No points/Convictions, 10 yrs NCD garaged and £250 excess (total) and two named drivers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
:) That dirt cheap:) . i would bite there hand off

I've just done a quote for my r and the cheapest was over £900

i currenty pay less than £800

I am 26, 5 ncb, no points but girl friends 23 with 3 points.

matthew

·
3,732 Posts
i pay 460 and i'm 33 with the same stats as yours

sound like a good price to me fella :D do they have a good reputation tho? you dont want a get what you pay for scenario if you have to claim

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been with more than before and the perks look good and service is good too but like all insurance you won't know how good they are till you claim!.

G

·
gogsie said:
Just renewed my insurance and was very surprised by the price £297 all in!, I checked and double checked everything was as per my old insurance and it was result!.

My renewal with Bell Direct was gonna be £478 and the best they could offer when i phoned about More Than's price was £432.

Funny thing is when i did a quote through More Than's own site it came out at £390:dontknow:

So Go Compare are definitely worth a shot if yours is due.

I'm 35 No points/Convictions, 10 yrs NCD garaged and £250 excess (total) and two named drivers.
Out of interest - How much extra did they charge you for your alloys?

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just have standard alloys my sig was a photoshop.

·
3,732 Posts
gogsie said:
I've been with more than before and the perks look good and service is good too but like all insurance you won't know how good they are till you claim!.
i made a claim with more than for my gti, if you dont mind dealing with indian people who dont understand certain aspects

i collided with a wheeliebin...... a wheel what was the usual reply. the service was smooth tho, and apart from a difference of opinion on where i wanted the car to be fixed (they legally cant decide for you) it went well

changing this year tho, their direct debit policies are shocking!

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very Cherry said:
changing this year tho, their direct debit policies are shocking!
Whats up with the DD i got a good deal on that too?.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I pay 340 through elephant.co.uk (£20 more than my gti)

I'm 29 with full NCB and an advanced driver.

So thats a quality quote.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm with Morethan at the moment, and payed £340 for last year, the renewal I just received was £397.00, so I went on their web site and got it for £283.80 and yes I've double checked the details like for like, someone also put me on to Quidco's website http://www.quidco.com/, which came up with the same £283.80 plus they give you a £75 cash back in about 1 months time, so in all a years cover should work out at £208.80. Ding Dong

·
3,732 Posts
gogsie said:
Whats up with the DD i got a good deal on that too?.
i wanted to change companies this year, but they took my payment THREE MONTHS before it was due!! i kicked up a stink and they wouldnt refund

so in preparation for changing companies this year i cancelled my direct debit (i pay in full so they dont need my details but they keep them automatically - they claim in case they need to pay me money at any point) and although i owe them nothing and have paid in full they threatened to cancel my policy

which is madness considering i paid in full at the beginning and owe nothing

basically, no details, no cover..... holding me to ransome more like

i will be changing, so i am watching my bank balance like a hawk at the moment as its not due for renewal for about 4 months so any day now they will be theiving a non competative sum from me

be warned

·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers for the heads up i'll keep an eye on that one!.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts