VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning, Pheasant runs out in front of the car and instead of being run down she decided to try and take flight. Completely wiped out my drivers wing mirror also scratched and dented the door I had resprayed two weeks ago.

P**sed was not the word to explain how I felt. After I calmed down I rang my mate at VW for a price for new mirror glass. They want £185 for just the glass, I nearly fell off my chair!

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
The mk v does not have stubby mirrors like the 4 so there will be hundreds of mirror glass on eBay I reckon

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
126 Posts
£185 is probably for the full mirror assembly. The glass is only around £30, I bought a heated & anti dazzle tinted mirror for around £18 a month ago from eurocarparts, just ask the guy at the till to give you a trade price. Alternatively use the r32oc25 discount code online for 25% off.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They
£185 is probably for the full mirror assembly. The glass is only around £30, I bought a heated & anti dazzle tinted mirror for around £18 a month ago from eurocarparts, just ask the guy at the till to give you a trade price. Alternatively use the r32oc25 discount code online for 25% off.
They quoted me £270 for mirror cap,painted and the glass. I've ordered one from mirror man.co.uk hopefully fits ok

1 - 9 of 9 Posts