VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, hope all is good.

Just looking for a quick opinion from people, especially any vosa MOT people.

A relative of mine has taken there car to dealer for a mot and in short has been passed but the garage made him sign a piece of paper saying that its dangerous, that it could blow up and to say that he has taken the car knowing this but they have passed it. This is the crappy manufacturer Vauxhall and I have never personally heard of this happening before but wanted a second opinion and also if it should be reported. I can't yet say on what items but as I gather it may be engine wise and something to do with alloys.

Many thanks

DR B

·
Senior Citizen
2,624 Posts
maybe the part of the vehicle that is dangerous is not covered in the mot inspection, having said that you would think most things would be covered unless it is bodywork.

·
Cannot reMember
16,142 Posts
I've never heard of that, they should in no way have passed it if life is in danger and not fit for road, but then your mate should not of signed it.
X2

Sounds suspect.

Seems like they are effectively voiding a warranty that doesnt exist?

·
19,388 Posts
Everything that hae an impact on safety is checked as part of the MOT and if there was a risk it wouldn't have,passed.

From the description "blowing up" it sounds as though they have noticed an issue with the engine.

I agree with the above, the tester should not have produced a disclaimer and the owner should not have signed it.

I would go to a VOSA run testing station with the documentation and query it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey

Cheers, this is a car that is serviced at vauxhall by themselves on routine I believe. It's a 57 plate and for it all of a sudden to have £3000 worth of work I find unbelievable. Not impossible but for something to be wrong for example injectors, ecu, maff sensor would make itself aware on eml on dashboard. I understand that the garage check road worthiness but that doesn't mean every single thing for example a slipping clutch quite badly would be a advisory for the car but certainly not a failure however isn't necessarily stating the car is road worthy. This isn't a part of the car they intrude on or inspect. As far as engine goes they test emissions and in this case a smoke test as it is a diesel. For them to suggest something is about to blow up makes me wonder how they have got to this as the car legally cannot be dismantled, as so much as a fastener undone to look or inspect anything hence why you may see a note saying something was obscured. In all until I know what it was tenni can't fully think what to do however something doesn't seem right.

On another story just so you already switch on people more than likely know, not to take your car to kwik fit. My partners friend took her brand new mondeo estate for a oil change but upon returning she was told the car needs 3 new alloys( why 3 I don't know), a new turbo and also ecu and now they're traction control light is on when wasn't in the first place. Being a technician I once turned up to f1 autocentre to have two new tyres fitted for them to say this....... Do I want your tracking checking....

I replied no thanks as I am having a new track rod end fitted(so would be done then)

He then said that you will need it in this weather

I said well it does seem perfectly fine an all good

He then said well you will need it in this weather as you won't be able to tell. When he realised my address at RAF base he proceeded to say oh, I worked they're, and the job he did was basically fixing trolleys an oiling hinges lol.
It just makes me howl with laughter when someone tries to spin you a whole load of s**t to find out that you may actually know what you're talking about.

Worlds full of cowboys now

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, the snags are

1 one injector out of limits
2 glow plugs need replacing
3 G/box flywheel knocking-replace flywheel
4 wheel flap actuator on way out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts