VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Community Clown!
5,234 Posts
HELL YES!!!!

I'm an avid MotoGP watcher.. Been waiting for this season to start since the last one ended.. Was absofrickinlutely awesome to see Rossi storm his way up... I was on the edge of my seat, heart pounding, watching him chip away at them from 5th to 2nd.. What a result!!

I've always said it and that was testament to it, he should never have left Yamaha and gone to Ducati.. He always knew how to ride the Yamaha.. I can't wait to see what round two brings.

On a side note: I'm always rooting for Cal as he's an absolute star, so funny, especially the way he ribs Matt about his fashion, and boy can he ride.. To be able to keep up with the factory bikes on a satellite machine takes skill.. And well done to Marquez for proving his skills, and totally kicking arse in just his first outing.. He made some of the experienced boys look less than amateurs!!

·
19,408 Posts
It's easy to say with hindsight he shouldn't have went to Ducati but you have to remember it was the Italian Dream Team, they had just won the championship with Stoner, and he was being pushed out of Yamaha in favour of Lorezo.

He had to give it a go as at the time it was not seen as big a risk when he made the jump from Honda to Yamaha. At the time the Yamaha was circulating at the back end of the grid and Rossi got a win on it first time out.

As I said it's great to see Rossi of old coming through the field to the sharp end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts