VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok bank hoilday me and the wife went away for the weekend and we used the R32. Now we have same arguement every time we hit the motorway which is if I feel the road is clear or more or less clear I sit in the middlle lane but when I do I am doing about 70-
mph. Shes says im a middle lane hog but I tell her the reason I do it is that I hate sitting in the slow lane doing that kind of speed and then find im behind someone and have to keep switching lanes every 5 mins plus I dont want to use the fast lane unless I want to give it some as I just want to cruise. So I was told to post to see if shes right or she needs to shut her hole. Who do you think is right?

·
19,388 Posts
In my opinion she is right:)

·
4,715 Posts
I almost started a thread about ppl that sit in the wrong lanes ahhhhhhh drives me nuts. Its worse in Scotland. They just all drive in the fast lane. I just undertake them all now. Or cut the nose off them. Sorry I agree with your wife and bob

·
3,242 Posts
raiden said:
Ok bank hoilday me and the wife went away for the weekend and we used the R32. Now we have same arguement every time we hit the motorway which is if I feel the road is clear or more or less clear I sit in the middlle lane but when I do I am doing about 70-
mph. Shes says im a middle lane hog but I tell her the reason I do it is that I hate sitting in the slow lane doing that kind of speed and then find im behind someone and have to keep switching lanes every 5 mins plus I dont want to use the fast lane unless I want to give it some as I just want to cruise. So I was told to post to see if shes right or she needs to shut her hole. Who do you think is right?
So her hole shut regardless the outcome of this thread, no fun between the sheets for you my friend.
She will be cocky now,
Enjoy your week,
If you overtaking gradually yes middle lane
But if roads clear and you in the middle or fast lane with no cars near you for miles,
High chance of getting a wee flicker of blue lights.

Regards
Vrt

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Use the lanes, lets everyone move at the speeds they want to. Most people sitting in the middle lane (despite useable lanes to their left) are usually half asleep and too apathetic to be arsed to even turn the steering wheel.

These types can usually be snapped into reality with a polite sharp flash of the lights, with careful nurturing can be persuaded to use lane 1 if given a strong role model.

Haha

Reactions: dubdanr32 and vrt

·
2,803 Posts
You're both quite right on this one. She's right because you shouldn't hog the middle lane. But anyone who has ever stuck to the rules of keeping to left knows how annoying it is to constantly have to overtake slow things, or be slowly approached by other middle-laners who then let you get close to a slow lorry or something, then dont let you out! Also, the left lane is full of pot holes!

·
1,415 Posts
Yep hate middle lane hoggers

Worst ones are the ones doing 60mph,I have to go from first lane,swing all the way to fast lane overtake them then back into first lane
They still don't get the hint

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Yep hate middle lane hoggers

Worst ones are the ones doing 60mph,I have to go from first lane,swing all the way to fast lane overtake them then back into first lane
They still don't get the hint
Sometimes they do, I always keep an eye on them to see if they have seen the folly of their ways. Sometimes you observe other drivers finding the indicator and/or the pleasure of the lane system after you've lead the way.

That said, of course sometimes there is a level of traffic where it becomes impossible to use the lanes without greater stress, more consumption/wear and danger.

·
1,357 Posts
I'm the sort to come up flying along at about 210kph and flash you from about a mile off, then half a mile, until I HAVE to und... overtake you with a quick 5knuckle shuffle...

But if you put up a chase, I'll chase your down the motorway until you concede and pull over to the inside lane!!

Of course this only happens on Autobahn and infact everyone drives like that - it's normal!

Only joking buddy - you are both right!

·
Flaccid Member
1,835 Posts
Didn't read all of the above, do what you want to do mate, who cares about what others think

·
742 Posts
I guess technically Raiden,the Mrs is right,but I've got to admit,I kinda cruise @ around
in the middle lane too. Can't be arsed with the constant lane changing driving " correctly" brings! (Shuffles a little lower in my trench awaiting incoming!
)

G

·
I do a lot of motorway driving and with respect I hate middle lane hoggers you won't see me doing it .
BUT if you move over as you see someone approaching then I'm happy .

Fast lane hoggers even worse !!

·
3,242 Posts
Turrican said:
You can have fun with middle lane hoggers.. the challenge is to see how many times you can go round them.
Overtake them, pull over to inside lane and slow down to let them overtake, then move to fast lane and overtake them... repeat...
That not class as dd30?
Cause it deemed dangerous as you are toying with traffic?

Regards
Vrt

·
4,715 Posts
Andy G said:
I do a lot of motorway driving and with respect I hate middle lane hoggers you won't see me doing it .
BUT if you move over as you see someone approaching then I'm happy .

Fast lane hoggers even worse !!
X2 on the m-way all day. 75k last year. But if you move your good

1 - 20 of 135 Posts