VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Popped across to Chester on Wednesday and had my first taste of UK driving in my R. So easy to join traffic at roundabouts or out of toll booths to get to the exit first! :D While I realise I am stating the obvious, it is still fun to do!

Impressed on the motorways that in sixth at 70 (ish...) when you need to either get out of someone's way or do a quick overtake to get in the right position for an exit then the acceleration without having to drop a cog is impressive.

Have driven in Ireland and Germany/Switzerland before, but only in hire cars, so am very happy to have had my first "proper" motoring!

·
3,732 Posts
must be frustrating not being able to do this at home.

you ought to coincide your next visit with a track or drag strip day for some real fun :D

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I'm not complaining about any speed issues - we have lots of good A/B roads with no speed limits :adore:

In fact, two of my work colleagues were driving on the TT course last week and got passed by the Stig going in the opposite direction at speed driving an R8! He was being "pursued" by a Lambo and a Porsche 911 Turbo - if our roads are good enough for the Stig, then they are more than good enough for me!

·
3,732 Posts
JayCee said:
Oh, I'm not complaining about any speed issues - we have lots of good A/B roads with no speed limits :adore:

In fact, two of my work colleagues were driving on the TT course last week and got passed by the Stig going in the opposite direction at speed driving an R8! He was being "pursued" by a Lambo and a Porsche 911 Turbo - if our roads are good enough for the Stig, then they are more than good enough for me!
wow :D i'll shut up lol

just another day in da hood eh

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would you believe visiting the Zoo? My wife Teresa had always wanted to go so we decided it would make a good day out; took a friend of ours too.

Also good excuse to take the R away - quick practice before the RR event in Nov....

·
3,732 Posts
one of my earliest memories is that of my nan who used to live in chester taking me to that zoo in her maroon ford capri laser :D

best zoo ive been to is the one in the middle of berlin, worst has got to be newquay zoo (nuthin but ducks and seagulls :D)

·
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently he had the usual attire - white helmet an' all! Must have been a shock to see him fly past, sorry I was stuck in the office at the time... :bawling:

·
4,328 Posts
That must of been agreat experience as you know you would have been going for it :), just imagine the sound ..........................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts