VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, been ringing round for insurance as its that time of year and recently just bought a house probably not even 2 miles from where I was living and my quotes range from 700 odd to 1500!? im 36 ffs....my insurance was £280 last year!!
How is an address deemed worse than others? the street I live on now is a cul de sac the last was a rat run. How up to date are their figures.
well peeved!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Well, been ringing round for insurance as its that time of year and recently just bought a house probably not even 2 miles from where I was living and my quotes range from 700 odd to 1500!? im 36 ffs....my insurance was £280 last year!!
How is an address deemed worse than others? the street I live on now is a cul de sac the last was a rat run. How up to date are their figures.
well peeved!!
That sucks mate, if it makes you feel better, I was quoted £3600 just because I don't have a 2nd years no claims
Once that's cleared it should be around the 1k mark. Strange how they do their math with all of this

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
I had a big issue with my insurance moved to a new build and because the house had not stats they automatically put it at a higher risk, and it went up from 250 ish to almost 1k, so I cancelled it and went with another company , and complained and got the cancellation fee refunded , I moved 2 miles down to road ?

It's crazy

·
Banned
161 Posts
That's crazy!

They must be able to have stats on their database to prove why they feel necessary to put the price up that high.

I live in a high risk postcode so I pay above the odds

·
19,388 Posts
In recent years, all that insurance companies use are random number.generators...

I must admit, I do feel sorry for some of the people on the phone when they are asked to explain and justify these ridiculous figures the computer.spits out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cuparbob, I hope they did record my conversation as there was a lot of expletives used for "training purposes" on my behalf!

·
Registered
70 Posts
From an 'official' point of view (
), insurance quotes are based on postcodes & the amount of claims coming from that postcode.

It may be that your insurance company has had a large number of claims from that particular postcode & therefore increase premiums there.

I would certainly recommend ringing around for alternative quotes but check your cancellation rates with your existing insurer before making any decision.

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
From an 'official' point of view (
), insurance quotes are based on postcodes & the amount of claims coming from that postcode.

It may be that your insurance company has had a large number of claims from that particular postcode & therefore increase premiums there.

I would certainly recommend ringing around for alternative quotes but check your cancellation rates with your existing insurer before making any decision.
what about a Brand new post code with no stats

·
Administrator
13,971 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts