VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just joined and had a test drive of a couple of R32's last weekend. Tried DSG and Manual, was impressed with DSG but think i would miss a clutch and gearbox.

What i want to know is how many miles you would get out of say £20 worth of fuel? I know its not going to be great. But i do drive a tuned Focus RS at the moment so I am used to poor consumption. Plus i have just given up smoking so i need something to replace the sweet nicotine!!! Looking to get the R in the next couple of weeks

Cheers

Dan

·
777 Posts
Lets say £20 buys you 16 litres of super unleaded (at a price of £1.25 a litre ... 1.25 x 16 = £20)

16 litres = 3.56 gallons (16 / 4.5)

So depends on your average MPG. If you drive it hard you will see 19-20 mpg, or less hard upto 30mpg. So you could see mileage between 67.6 miles and 106.8 miles for £20.

I get about 340-350 miles before the refil light comes on so then have to stick in about £68 of fuel to fill her up which is usually 57 litres or so £20 gets me about 100 miles. Dont drive the car hard enough really do I!!

Someone please correct me if my maths is wrong, it was never my strongest subject at school!!

·
2,808 Posts
I get about 17 mpg. 20 quid probably gets me about 40 miles ish. How tuned is your RS? I think the R32 will be a lot juicier.

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Full tank for me is around £65 (Tesco 99RON) and that'll see me good for around 280 miles, but I do have a heavy right foot!

Therefore, I'd say around £20 will do me 85 miles!

·
3,281 Posts
Here's the answer for you mate. Its a 10 mile round trip to the office, the gym and home for me every day. If I only do this all week Monday to Saturday, I spend exactly £20 on fuel. This includes a hefty couple of boots up the ring road on the way home :wink:

P.S I only run it on Optimax

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My RS was running about 285hp until i stripped my manifold off. Put £20 in the other day and got about 115 miles. I reckon they are about the same

·
2,443 Posts
just finished my tank off and i triped the comp wen i filled her up whitch was £73 and i only got 235 miles and i thought that was good maybe i have a lead foot or my car needs a remap!

·
748 Posts
I seem to be getting a little more per gallon after my remap; haven't done an accurate assessment, but defo longer between fills with the same driving style.

·
Registered
199 Posts
mines tunnnned and i get 230 miles to a full tank (68 quid)
and anyway if ur worried about fuel consumption then you should be running a derv

·
347 Posts
I've just got 40mpg at steady 60mph on M1... that would be 400+ miles per tank. My old Mk 5 2.0 TDI would average about 55mpg on similar run...

:smile:

·
347 Posts
Yes - it's a Mk5. That was the trip average...

·
887 Posts
SilverChariot said:
I've just got 40mpg at steady 60mph on M1... that would be 400+ miles per tank. My old Mk 5 2.0 TDI would average about 55mpg on similar run...

:smile:
SilverChariot said:
Yes - it's a Mk5. That was the trip average...
that's an impressive MPG figure, esp on the motorway! you must have been keeping the foot firmly off the brake and only just on the accelerator! :aetsch:

·
287 Posts
I put in £12.50 the other day as I left my wallet at a friends and that's all I had in the car, and it didn't even get past the reserve tank!

Make no mistake this car likes to drink, and the lowest amount of fuel I put in is £40, anything less just seems to disappear by itself.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts