VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently got off my lazy arse and have been beavering away at night working on my own Xbox Live App for Android and with all this talk of GTA V and xbox i thought i would mention it in hope of getting some feedback please. Its a widget that allows you to easily view when your friends are online and what they are playing and requires no passwords.

Its only available on Android Honeycomb (v3) and above.

Here is the link to it on the play store
https://play.google....ivefriends.lite

Feedback (+ & -) would be great. Cheers

PS. I've been a member for many years and so this isn't spam.

·
Hard to reMember
4,500 Posts
I don't play my Xbox 360 anymore I'm only really on the PS3 and I have an iPhone :/. Good luck with the app though

·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, my gamertag is Turrican. I'm not getting much time to play on it at the mo, my 7 yr son uses far more.Hence all the kids games on my profile

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've recently got off my lazy arse and have been beavering away at night working on my own Xbox Live App for Android and with all this talk of GTA V and xbox i thought i would mention it in hope of getting some feedback please. Its a widget that allows you to easily view when your friends are online and what they are playing and requires no passwords.

I'm gonna give this a look

How does it differ from the smartglass app? Doesn't that provide similar?!

·
Registered
977 Posts

Dude just downloaded and installed from the market, looks promising, like the layout and style. Doesn't look to be getting updated though, nothing since 2010 so whatever sources are providing the info theyre outdated....

Edit - appears to be fine on my gamertag?! - doesn't seem to work for my mates though

·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The difference between my app and smartglass is that smartglass requires you to open the app to see who is online, mine is purely a widget so can quickly see who is online. You can set how often it refreshes the data.

When you say data is out of date, which data in particular? What gamertag are you using so I can test it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just seen your edit. If it doesnt work for your mate's gamertag then they have their privacy settings set to non-public. They can change this on the xbox live website.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Yeah I posted that too early...

Looks really good mate, def going to be using it

I'll also put a link to this thread over on the gamertags thread I started...

·
Registered
977 Posts
Cheers much appreciated.

If you have any suggestions on how to make better that would be great. The only restriction is that everything has to be done without passwords.

I Would like the ability to add gamertags that currently aren't friends....

Scratch that.... It seems to be that certain gamertags produce varying results.... I've had some success with certain ones and not with others. Couldn't understand why I couldn't retrieve a non friend when it's public info and no PW required.... Think it just so happened that the ones I'd tried had some issues.

I've now managed to add a non friend and it's fine?!

·
Registered
977 Posts
That's what I thought

Basically I wanted to add a couple of the guys from over at the gamertag thread namely technique_v3 but couldn't return anything

I'll need to check it wasn't a typo as I'm guessing it's case specific

·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's what I thought

Basically I wanted to add a couple of the guys from over at the gamertag thread namely technique_v3 but couldn't return anything

I'll need to check it wasn't a typo as I'm guessing it's case specific
Gamertags are not case specific. I think technique_v3 is a typo. A gamertag exists without the underscore.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Gamertags are not case specific. I think technique_v3 is a typo. A gamertag exists without the underscore.
I picked that up of rock star social club where it may be different, seems any problems I've had have been coincidences or other.

App seems to work nice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts