VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They offered me a £22,000 loan out of the blue without me inquiring...

Turbo maybe?

Vast personal debt is great for the economy right?

·
2,204 Posts
Or spend a 1/4 of that on a basic 8psi setup with stock compression and intake (circa 375hp if mapped properly), then spend the rest on a Caterham for track days.

Or maybe get some offset wrist pins to drop the CR to 10.25:1 and go for 10psi. Better than a spacer, cheaper than forged pistons.

·
Administrator
13,972 Posts
Banks do this alot hoping you will say yes

Sent from my iPhone 9 in a Time Machine

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
I loved my R32 I really did - but its just not worth blowing all that money away on it IMO.

If I'd of had my way I think I'd of used the cash from selling the R as a deposit on financing a Porker, alas the wife spoke!!!

·
Senior Onion collector
4,512 Posts
I loved my R32 I really did - but its just not worth blowing all that money away on it IMO.

If I'd of had my way I think I'd of used the cash from selling the R as a deposit on financing a Porker, alas the wife spoke!!!
Shame you never had a ride out in mine pal, maybe would sway your opinion................theres not many Porkers on the road that could keep up

·
2,204 Posts
22k I would buy one already done, flog my R and buy a Catherham/Elise
I would never buy one already done and not for that kind of money either!

What always puzzles me is why people spend £20K on a HGP kit to make their Golf everything they want it to be, and then sell the car! That suggests to me the end result was not what they hoped for. When you buy this stuff for your car, it's for your use only. The next owner gets it for free essentially. Too many modified car sellers whack an unrealistic premium on top to cover their losses, but that's not how it works

·
Semi-Advanced Member
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If was to use the money I'd buy an old mk1 or mk2 to overhaul and sell on wheeler dealer style

·
South East Organiser
6,824 Posts
If you can afford the repayments on how ever big or small the loan is, then why not.....?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
3,281 Posts
I think you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is modding is so expensive, people get carried away chasing the dream and get into massive debt.

Mate of mine who's an accountant got hugely into debt modding his MK3, by stripping it, suspension, wheels, cage, harnesses, seats, 1.8t conversion, GTRS turbo, huge internal mods, the list goes on - all on credit cards!

Not many people have that kind of cash about to do that kind of work, so they end up getting hugely into debt and realise its not worth the stress and burden of paying it off, so it gets sold at a massive loss.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts