VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's here.....

.....but not on my drive yet :frown:

I received a phonecall on Wednesday to say the car had arrived at the dealers :cool: I went along today to take my retention certificate so that it can be registered and had a quick look over the car and a bit of a blat down to the bottom of the yard and back :driver:. It had my numberplate on even though it's not registered yet and seeing it with them on already made it sink in that it was actually mine.

I secured a buyer on the R32 today and they are picking it up Monday all being well :bawling: So I'll hopefully be collecting the Edition 30 either Monday or Tuesday. The R32 has been up for sale for about 8 weeks and I've had no real interest until the last 10 days where I've had several enquiries. The timing is just right though and it means that I don't have to drive my boyfriend's spare Mk 2 now!

Full spec:
3 door manual Candy White
Bi-xenons
Sunroof
Armrest
Winter pack
Multi-function steering wheel
RCD 500 + soundpack
Supaguard

A total of 57 days from ordering to delivery at the dealers - not bad in my opinion!

Here's some pics for starters anyway. It was filthy dirty and was parked next to a shiny blue Mk 5 R32 but I tried to look away from that :argh: :rolleyes: It has the grand total of 4 miles, which will be a bit more when I pick it up with a tankful (hopefully!) of petrol (I was cheeky and asked for super unleaded too!).

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
looks good i saw a silver one tonight when i was taking my night pics!

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Very tasty :top:

Looking forward to hearing how you find it different from your MkIV R32

·
1,222 Posts
looking very good, the edition 30 is a very nice motor! do you think you will keep this STD or will you mod it in time? like a remap etc..

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zirconium said:
looking very good, the edition 30 is a very nice motor! do you think you will keep this STD or will you mod it in time? like a remap etc..
Standard for now. It may ahve a remap sometime and maybe Milltek, but only time will tell. I'm not going to mod it to the extent that I have with the R32 though!

N13KKF said:
very nice in white, why the change?
Just feel it's time to move onto something newer now. I've done what I can to this car without spending mega bucks on it and fancy experiencing the turbo side of things! I did look into getting a Mk 5 R32 as a natural progression but after test driving the Ed30 I changed my mind.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I hope you will be pleased with it. No too much of a wait to go. Bet you won't be concentrating on you work though.

Is this a dealer sourced car or is it an import?

Before I got the R32 I considered the Car Suprmarket option but wimped out.

The dealer tried to tempt me with an Anniversary 30 fully loaded even had TV for around £27k, but plumped for the R32.

Look forward to hearing about you driving impressions.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Golfgirl said:
Standard for now. It may ahve a remap sometime and maybe Milltek, but only time will tell. I'm not going to mod it to the extent that I have with the R32 though!

Just feel it's time to move onto something newer now. I've done what I can to this car without spending mega bucks on it and fancy experiencing the turbo side of things! I did look into getting a Mk 5 R32 as a natural progression but after test driving the Ed30 I changed my mind.
Nice car!

It was the other way round for me was looking at the ED30 ending up coming home with the Mk5 R32 the drive in the R sold its self.

If i had gone with the Ed i would have been kicking my self now... I drive to work thou all the back lanes and this time a year there not a hope in the world an ed30 could get away with what im doing in the R:ciao:

·
748 Posts
Congrats on getting the brand new Ed; bet you any money doesn't stay standard.... LOL

·
716 Posts
love it!! looks great in white, i saw a white GTI, a couple of days ago and they look just as good IRL!!.

·
264 Posts
Hello GolfGirl..guess its you onw GolfGTI.Co.UK....anyways very nice car...take care of it :)

·
3,137 Posts
Claire it looks stunning, you must be thrilled, counting down the minutes.

Hope you got what you wanted for the R also

·
1,149 Posts
They do look very good in white! I think you've made a good choice :top:

·
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. I'll get some better pictures of it up when I actually have my grubby paws on it in a few days time!

As for the modifying....well I was never going to mod the R32 and look what happened :shot: My other half has given me 6 months before it's remapped!

Manu_R32 said:
Hello GolfGirl..guess its you onw GolfGTI.Co.UK....anyways very nice car...take care of it :)
Yeh, that's me...I get around a bit :dancing2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts