VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was quite a good day in general people! Did a job this morning and when I got back to one of our depots (35 miles from home) I was handed a set of keys to a brand new Tiguan!

It's a 2.0 TDi R Line and my word it's fun! I abused that poor motor and used a thimble full of derv! Same drive system as what we have traction control does need turning off mind! Quite impressive suspension, not as great as expected on absorbing the lumps and bumps on the road but it does keep body roll to a minimum! So many buttons and gadgets to press and distract you from the road!!

This is the first time I've been out in a diesel vw and I was impressed with the response that I got from the throttle when 'toeing it'. The term 'drive it like you stole it' was put into practice in every sense! I even saw a mk5 DBP in langtoft if your a member?? Went head to head with one of those new freelanders whith a range rover badge? Eiveboughtitcosicantaffordarealone
I won, not sure if that's down to bottle/driver/idiocy but hey ho I'd rather have the VW!

Very comfortable seats, and it doesn't feel like your driving a '4x4' just a tall car! Granted it is only a rental so won't be top spec but what was in it was really nice and I must say I am impressed!

Didn't do a 0-62 never even thought about it, but it is a really fun car to abuse if you ever get chance like I did.

Hope my little review comes in useful for someone

·
693 Posts
So you're bragging on a public forum how you 'drove it like you stole it' and raced another car, all on public roads, that you didn't own.

Wow, you're my hero.

·
Administrator
3,597 Posts
we (our company it's my sister car) have one too. DazM Mrs has one too. I would not call them economical or fast tbh. nice comfy cruiser though

·
Registered
250 Posts
They look nice, but I do have a gripe with this new R Line branding VW is chucking on everything

Kinda preferred having the R branding reserved for the special stuff like the R32, R36, R50, R etc. Feels a bit watered down now

·
3,242 Posts
Josh_R_32 said:
Today was quite a good day in general people! Did a job this morning and when I got back to one of our depots (35 miles from home) I was handed a set of keys to a brand new Tiguan! http://s761.photobucket.com/user/beddy_boy/media/image_zpsc618a720.jpg.html http://s761.photobucket.com/user/beddy_boy/media/image_zpsc3ddc7ab.jpg.html It's a 2.0 TDi R Line and my word it's fun! I abused that poor motor and used a thimble full of derv! Same drive system as what we have traction control does need turning off mind! Quite impressive suspension, not as great as expected on absorbing the lumps and bumps on the road but it does keep body roll to a minimum! So many buttons and gadgets to press and distract you from the road!! This is the first time I've been out in a diesel vw and I was impressed with the response that I got from the throttle when 'toeing it'. The term 'drive it like you stole it' was put into practice in every sense! I even saw a mk5 DBP in langtoft if your a member?? Went head to head with one of those new freelanders whith a range rover badge? Eiveboughtitcosicantaffordarealone
I won, not sure if that's down to bottle/driver/idiocy but hey ho I'd rather have the VW! Very comfortable seats, and it doesn't feel like your driving a '4x4' just a tall car! Granted it is only a rental so won't be top spec but what was in it was really nice and I must say I am impressed! Didn't do a 0-62 never even thought about it, but it is a really fun car to abuse if you ever get chance like I did. Hope my little review comes in useful for someone
In previous job,
I had a 11plate freelander amazing boring to drive slightly torque tho
13plate kuga good for wee pockets inside nd slides like hell plus picked up with a free ipod(that never went back)

Handling wise both were boring tall car effect,
But dam i had fun wif them on some field's.
Kuga not the best off-road

cokecan said:
They look nice, but I do have a gripe with this new R Line branding VW is chucking on everything
Kinda preferred having the R branding reserved for the special stuff like the R32, R36, R50, R etc. Feels a bit watered down now
That the same as merc tho
Amg styling just not amg performance

End of if you want a jeep buy a big range rover no jeep feels the same in anyway.
Curtisoy Car/Jeep brill way to learn everything about a car from those wee buttons you would not usaully touch to how many miles can you get out a tank to oversteering correction and so much more
Ooo please have fun just be dnt damaged it body wise.

Regards
Vrt

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So you're bragging on a public forum how you 'drove it like you stole it' and raced another car, all on public roads, that you didn't own.

Wow, you're my hero.
Yeah and? At what point did I say I broke the law?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts