VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally! ordered from awesome gti

loving the look of them, didnt realise that they had the hella logo stamped inside the lens tho.. cheapens them a little

now all i have to do is wait for this eternal rain to cease so i can get them on the car!

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will take some before and after photos (not gunna do a how to fit rear lights as i think that just a little to simple a job to warrant the effort :D)

if you take a shot of your car at a good resolution i will mirror the image with one of my car then photoshop them onto yours so you can see what they would look like if you want?

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, fitted.

heres the before:

a few minutes later and here we have them fitted:

heres a shot of the branding inside each lens:

quite pleased with the look although it needs to grow on me as its not as i expected - but i'm fussy

tell you what though, the passenger side light was a pain in the a55 to remove! needed to lift the carpet and shove sticky pads inside the socket set to make sure the nut didnt drop down into the bodywork!

overall took about 10 minutes :D

G

·
I have them fitted to mine too and absolutely love them. I didn't realise on the internal logo either.

With a blue car they look superb IMO.

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i fell in love with them after seeing them on the eip cars [drool]:D[/drool]

theyll grow on me, its the only exterior change i plan to make looks wise

·
1,432 Posts
Nice, I have the smoked version and im not too fussed about the branding anymore.
Far better than OEM because they are different :)

G

·

You need to replace your windscreen wiper now - and then the back of your car will look great.

Need to add a nice fat Milltek too :151:

·
1,432 Posts
And clean those tailpipes then get an Enfig S-2000 style antenna :)

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
khutula said:

You need to replace your windscreen wiper now - and then the back of your car will look great.

Need to add a nice fat Milltek too :151:
zorst is on hold since ive only just bought the lights and a double din screen/ nav/ dvd and ipod and a pipercross filter.

the mrs is still in a good mood so dont want to push it :D

(yet)

but the zorst will be next

i was eyeing up the rear wiper on my mates Audi Q7 being honest, but after reading most of the threads involving rear wipers most people seem to suffer with either rubbish wipes or bad water spray

my car gets dirty literally straight after cleaning, alot of sand in the air round here so need that wiper to work well. unless you can recommend anything? i know the polo one seems popular for looks

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FiftyPenceR32 said:
And clean those tailpipes then get an Enfig S-2000 style antenna :)
true the shooters could do with a shine :embarassed: i do work them hard

had a Enfig S-2000 on the mrs polo, but doesnt really do it for me on the golf. i do like the bee sting look.

i was tempted to stray to a volvo c class sharkfin:

still toying with that idea though

G

·
Dan32 has put a Phaeton one on his and coloured coded it DBP - but he rates the reception as pretty poor. Looks good though.

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
khutula said:
Dan32 has put a Phaeton one on his and coloured coded it DBP - but he rates the reception as pretty poor. Looks good though.
wouldnt have thought the paint wouldnt help? has he thought about a signal amplifier

i would keep it black if i chose that route, the bmw one is too big but the volvo one sits nice and is well shaped

·
74 Posts
i need to order those lenses for my red pride and joy,what are they called or is that a silly question !!.and very cherry is that a standard wiper you have there coz mine is diferent to that,i thought mine was a standard one seeing that it was one there when i bought it ??

·
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
maz32 said:
i need to order those lenses for my red pride and joy,what are they called or is that a silly question !!.and very cherry is that a standard wiper you have there coz mine is diferent to that,i thought mine was a standard one seeing that it was one there when i bought it ??
they are called hella magic colours rcr (red clear red) available cheapest from http://www.awesomegti.co.uk - as said above

other colours available too when you browse, i just thought these looked groovy

wiper - standard :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts