VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres what i traded in for my R..Its a BMW compact with a S52 M3 engine conversion, After the Remap and my Ss system and CAI it was Dyno'd at 347bhp and 420NM torque..at the rear :) yess its a beast and could out do an RS4 , E92 M3 and similar class cars but it was insured as the 1.8 i couldnt afford insurance as a 3.2 compact only being 19..Thats why i thought id sell it for peace of mind and got an R ... Heres a few pics of the beast

·
2,808 Posts
haha! quality, bet that scared some fast cars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mate Physically Wet his pants when he first had a ride, I had leather in luckily :) Hes only used to a 1 litre saxo...It still scared me up to the day i sold it ..

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
lol, looking good mate, but not very clever insuring it as a 1.8 although I can understand why you did it!

Have you got the R yet? Any pictures?!?!

·
748 Posts
Have you got any pics of the engine bay with the S52 in the car as from those pics its still wearing the 318 brakes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats why i sold it...Didnt want to risk it.. And yeh Ill get pics up this weekend i think my mates gona take some Pro pics of it.. Its a standard MK4Blue R with grey standard wheels...

·
5,616 Posts
Nice one mate, any mods apart from the wheels? Any future mods planned?!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I upgraded brakes to 328 calipers and Bigger discs:

And Heres the engine going in the standard Ti:

And then i did a makeover on the car..resprayed in Monza bleu.. and added the wheels and boser hood:

Spent just under 8k including the car..and made every penny back :)

·
5,616 Posts
lol, what a mission!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iv got hundreds of pics...if anyone wants to see more..plus iv got a wealthy knowledge on these conversions if anyones thinking of one im more than welcome to help...

Theres a short vid from inside the car of me driving ...not very long but you can hear how nice the engine groan is..and u see the speedo pick up pretty quick ..If i can post it on here i will or i could maybe youtube it :)

·
2,808 Posts
those brakes still dont look like enough! Love it though.

·
748 Posts
Standard E36 M3 discs are 315mm diameter. They aren't by the looks of things as they look tiny benhind the wheels which are 18".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There only the 328 discs but they are suprizingly good, standard Ti brakes are ace apart from the fact they suffer brake fade so i upgraded to the 328 calipers which are still only 280mm but allow vented discs which vastly improve the braking... The brakes were fine for the car.. it wasnt for track use anyhow they brakes coped more than enough..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My mates a Pro photograper her took me to the lakes for some good shots..that car parks ace, if u see carefully theres Donut marks across the place... hehe RWD fun :)

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Its a left hooker too ? have you imported it ?

Thats never the lakes lol, and the driveway shots are also in the USA, look at the car in the background .

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.