VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon, Guys...

Had a few tasty cars over the years, since I joined R32OC.. But after selling my 2018 RS6 Performance a couple of weeks back, I've decided to dip my toes into the world of Supercar ownership. I drove from Glasgow to Amari Supercars in Preston, last Wednesday, to look at a Vegas Yellow V10+ but turned out to be a bit of a dog, so continued south to Chester to have a look at a Dynamite Red one and i wasnt disappointed. I left a deposit and headed home. Tomorrow's the day where I take my enclosed trailer to collect the car and I'm absolutely buzzing.. 馃榿馃榿

My outgoing RS6 Perf...

And the beauty that's replacing the '6..

Thanks for looking.

Gaz.

Really quite jealous. I was looking for one of these myself but couldnt stomach the price increases since the car shortage. My concern was if/when that gets sorted, I'd be hit with a lot depreciation.

Put a deposit down on a new Emira instead. Thinking being that I'll probably run it for a year and then take another look at either R8 or GT3 prices.

What was wrong with the yellow one at Amari?

Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well guys, it wasn't a happy ownership. Dual clutch let go, taking the gearbox casing with it, resulting in a 拢20k repair bill. Audi wanted 拢40k for a brand new gearbox. Dealership were a nightmare, finance company were even worse and the Ombudsman are beyond useless.

Sold the car into the motortrade yesterday after 10 months of ownership. TBF, after having the gearbox replaced, I just kicked it's head in for the last 6 months, so I suppose it wasn't all bad haha.

Word of advice to anyone looking to dip their toes into supercar ownership, buy from a main dealer, with proper warranty. A mistake I'll live to regret and a massive learning curve.

Onto the next one. 991.1 GT3 or AMG GTR next, I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts