VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

I've just bought my Mk5 R32 and the next logical step was to join this site. Having read some of the forums there some great advice on here!

I'm the proud owner of a 56 plate black 3 door. To be honest i dont know that much about the car yet but have just found out mine has a milltek exhaust already fitted and came woth leather recaros and sat nav.

Having come from a Z4m i can already say this car is a huge improvement!

Attachments

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
716 Posts
very nice car!. sounds like it was owned by an enthusiast before hand by the miltek!!.. enjoy it.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the welcome guys.

I've got one question already. When i use the sat nav the radio reception disappears. It's fine when i'm just using the radio though. Any ideas?

·
5,616 Posts
Hi Squealer, welcome to the forum.

I had a little play with a Z4 a few months ago, and I don't think owner was expecting too pleased when he found he was unable to keep up with me through the twisties!!

How do you find the comparison between the R and your old Z4?

·
1,149 Posts
Yeh, i'd like to know how you see the R as better than the Z4, i don't know from experience but i'd imagine the build quality would have been a bit better and the engine a bit more raw?

It's good news you have the Milltek that's a costly mod that saves you some pennies, i bet it makes a great noise as well. Looks like a great example you have :)

·
1,485 Posts
I drive a 3.0 Z4 reguarly, and the difference between the 2 is night and day.

I would say that the Z4 is more of a 'drivers' car, in the way it is a hands on drive the whole way. I've found that one mistake in the Z4 and it WILL try and throw you off the road lol. The R32 is a lot nicer to drive, more refined, a lot quicker...having said that the R32 is not a 2 seater sports car.

I was looking at Z4M as a next car but I think I'll give it a miss now.

The built quality in the Z4 is a lot better imo, but it is a more expensive car.

My opinion anyways :)

·
1,184 Posts
Welcome mate. Enjoy discovering the delights of the .:R.

Hell fire Zirconium you have far too much time on your hands with that sig! Clearly a devotee. ;)

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i suppose it depends on what you want from a car and as Ed said the two cars are like night and day.

The Z4m was an amazing car but it's too stiff for the roads where i live. It's all bumpy B roads round by me and the Z spent more time in the air than on the road! It's also too powerful for the road. I owned mine for 9 months and probably actually used the full acceleration on it no more than 10 times. Put your foot down and it's doing stupid speed before you know. One good point it did have was the engine note - roof down and there's nothing to beat it.

I guess it's more or a second or third car than a main car.
Stepping out of the Z into the golf was worlds apart. I used to have a mk5 gti so knew what to expect but the R32 in my opinion is a lot better then the Gti. I actually feel safe in this car and as a B road car there's not much to beat it round by me.

·
1,149 Posts
Ah i see the difference now, glad you're liking the R, it's quite surprising how much grip they have despite their weight :)

·
3,732 Posts
welcome to the site, my mate has a z4 and he adours it (calls it his batmobile :D) but when were out on the roads its definately more of a straight line machine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts