VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first mkIV R in Silver I have finally got myself a mk V in Black. What mods are suggested? Thinking of exhaust change and possible RS4 upgrades....what sorts of things are generally done by others on the site??

Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Put a Jump Jet harrier engine on the back seats pointing out the BOOT !!!!!!!!!!
Wahooooooooooooooo that be worth seeing !!!

P.s there r lots of threads mate on here just punch in mods in search bar !!!!

Black !!!!! Nice

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Copey, new member myself ...only had my mk V (also black) for 2 months.

There are many possible mods from a simple remap to turbo/supercharging. It just depends on how much you want to spend.

I went for:
1) Panel filter (ITG pro)
2) Miltek cat-back exhaust (incredible sound)
3) APS remap
4) Haldex Gen II controller

It feels like a much improved car over the standard while at the same time not losing the original character. If you're not going for big power, the RS4 brakes are not really worth it in my opinion. I wouldn't even recommend standard RS4 brake discs as they are cack in my experience...had to have mine replaced several times (cracking) by audi despite mild-moderate use only. I'd go for other aftermarket 6/8-pots.

·
1,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum Copey.

I would echo Alex's mods list. (although not done it myself yet). Have a browse in members rides for a few other examples.

If you want crazy power, then Turbo's seem the way forward, no superchargers really offered for the MkV yet. (Check out some of our German brothers cars, SirHenri and the R32-club.de boys)

One more thing.......

We need pics of your R history! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Advice?? How do I upload photos as when I try it says my files are too large, how can I reduce the size of these please????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts