VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fight:

Okay.... it's not quite an .:R32 but it's been more interesting doing it this way.
Hi All,

I've had my MKIV gti for the last 5 years now. it's a 2001 150 bhp 3 dr model.
Work includes new gear box (2006), subframe, exhaust system, Koni adjustable suspension and lowered springs.
Since February 2008, it's had a new engine transplant as cyls 3&4 seized on the original engine. That was financially painful.
True, at this stage i could've had it paid off, and bought a genuine .:R32 (Stan has admonished me about that on www.dbadged.net) but instead, i decided to do things arse-wise which is typically me.

Right now, it is my daily car but i'm going to end up using the focus more-often now for that function, as i've just put in the .:r32 interior i got for it last weekend in Arundel (cheers to Renny for the sale):congrats:

also thanks to Richard Shek for the front .:R calipers, discs and pads. Had them put on yesterday along with the rear .:R calipers i'd bought so well happy with the braking on the car now. Rather decisive. :fight:

next few ideas are to get the new .:R steering wheel which i have and the cruise control unit but am procrastinating yet again...nothing new there. :)

also am toying with the idea of fitting climatronic control to the car as it doesn't have it, nor does it have A/C so donar crashed cars would be welcome if anyone has those parts lying about?
:willy:

Interior: Old Recaro one

Exterior:

:alberteinstein:

New Interior .:R32

·
3,137 Posts
well you have certainly put a lot of work into that, how do you live without that V6 growl though [:p]

·
346 Posts
Exterior and interior are almost looking the part now but here is one critical part that doesn't line up! :listen: I think it might be the engine!!

:hahaha:

Sorry... You are doing a great job!!! :top:

·
305 Posts
nice car mate coming on well! love the colour, the side skirts are awesome love the air scopes in them better than any genuine r32. love those on mine. i would change the wood around the sat nav and gear stick, and have the metal r32 look and r line gear stick etc. thats just me i"m not saying they look bad.:top:

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
I always wanted to know what happened to R32 leather seats for sale on Ebay,now I know.

I think the car is comming on fine,

Just hope your insurance wont rise with all the mods.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nah my insurance is grand.
Only paying Euros (E515 per annum) insurance-wise.
Road tax is getting steeper though with yearly tax at E530

at caxton01... yeah i bought it months ago on ebay but only managed to get over from ireland to oxford last weekend to do the drive to arundel to collect it.

long 15 hr drive and ferry back to the northwest of ireland...to be sure to be sure!

And yes,,,,, although it would be nice to have the sound of an .:R32, my job don't pay enough to afford the E2000 per annum road tax that it costs to have an .:R32 in ireland, since july 1st.

So lads, you have it well easy tax-wise in england!!!:congrats:

As for power, i'm happy with the standard 150bhp as it still gets me from A ---> B in a timely enough fashion and not too harsh fuel-wise either :)
Not sure about the aluminium look either to be sure. Like everyone is changing to that look, so thinking that keeping something of the original inside the car makes it a ltiny wee bit unique in its' own right.

but thanks all for the comments. Critique is also welcome, since i can only improve on the car when people can offer advice :listen::reddy:

·
1,084 Posts
Not sure about the wood.

Do you wear a cream Panama hat and read 'Fly-Fishing' by JR Hartley?

(only joking bud!)

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, i'd been looking for ages for that interior............. and lo and behold the girlfriend handed me the yellow pages one day and i espyed an add for ebay, to whence i did enroll and thus did i find my interior... and my name was

MR.3.2 Konig.

LOL!:hahaha::tee:

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
now the carbon fibre look is tantalizing to be honest.
think that may be the way to go...

should be interesting to see what price tag that little venture would be

thanks for the link Paulie!

·
96 Posts
leave the "veneer" alone lads its a classy look, plus my old man likes it so it must be cool!

cars looking awesome bud looks like your putting the effort in, whats next then?

how easily did the R seats fit into the 1.8?

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
Hi Bren, glad you've finally managed to get some pics up. Nice one mate she certainly looks the part! Glad to be of assistance re: R32 Brakes :wink: :top:

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
very simple fitting. exact same as normal bog-standard recaros.
two nuts and they're attached.

next on agenda is purchase of wiring loom and dash switches to activate heated seats (don't have winter pack in the car)

i've the cruise control and fitment of .:R32 steering wheel stenciled in for early sept
also, considering re-wiring car for climatronic sometime next year, though i've the possiblity of purchasing a T2 westfalia in berlin at x-mas so may delay things by buying that and then going down the route of throwing a 1.8T unit into it.
Many many many plans!

but waiting for a job change to get mo money to do these things!

·
286 Posts
Best part about that car...... The rear bumper. Looks sweet Brendon, comin on well. (s'pose i should explain the rear bumper used to reside upon my very own .:R)
:rolleyes:

·
28 Posts
Replacement of old damaged Wiring harness with Replacement donar car wiring harness.
Car has been lying up since oct 1st 2008 due to electrical issues :musicus:

So decided to go all out and get it sorted so using the noggin' :alberteinstein: to sort it all out in the next few weeks :)

Had the wheels refurbed too (similar to stans, but also very different colour wise ) so will take better photos (light permitting) and post these up too.

AND this is the extent of the car too... and must admit that body-wise the entire car is still rust-free and clean as a whistle :)

Plenty of
:tee:
:hmmmm:
:rock:

going on

Bored Dog :hahaha:

·
Super Moderator
3,628 Posts
Has that been resprayed mate ?...

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nope that's the orginal Jazzy Pearl Blue colour from day 1. Only things ever reprayed were the replacement R32 bumpers and the side skirts.

Thinking now that as I have her the way she is (sad state of affairs i know) that i may go the full hog and change the paint scheme.

Ideas' on colour anyone? Keep the Metallic Jazzy pearl or change it?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts