Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Well we here at awesome are always trying to sort the best deals for our customers. So this month we are aiming at doing a massive group buy across several forums.

At the moment this is just a feeler, but if we get interest (and genuine interest at that) for around 10 bars then we will be offering 20% discount off the ARB's themself, and if you want the bars fitting then will do 1 of 2 offers on fitting (1- if you buy 2 bars and have the front fitted, we will fit the rear for free. 2 - if you buy one bar we will do a 10% discount of the labour for fitting).

Some prices...

Front 22mm bar - normally £145+VAT - £116+VAT with discount
Front 25mm bar - normally £155+VAT - £124+VAT with discount

Rear 19mm bar - normally £175+VAT - £140+VAT with discount
Rear 22mm bar - normally £185+VAT - £148+VAT with discount
Rear 25mm race bar - normally - £245+VAT - £196+VAT with discount

If people are genuinely interested in this group buy please send me a PM with your name, how many bars you want and what sizes.

Now the bars above are all for the MK4 R32. There is only 1 rear 25mm bar listed for the MK5 which i am currently waiting on prices for. Once i have this i can let you kow how much it would be.

Andy

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It all depends on what you want from the car. If i remember right Very Cherry went for 22mm front and 19mm rear. Its a marked improvement but not over the top. The 25 and 22 is a bit more severe but is a big difference over standard. Are you doing any other suspension upgrades?

·
73 Posts
hi im interested in these, but also dont know what to get, my r is just standard atm and not thinking of lowering it of any sort just want it to handle better around corners and roundabouts etc, what would be best? also would i need to take into acount i might go for 19"s instead of 18"s in the furture??

·
Admin
9,271 Posts
Yeah I will be and fitting a Turbo in near future...I think 25mm front and 22mm rear is what I want..So how much would this be fitted with Defcon bushes?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
blueriggs said:
hi im interested in these, but also dont know what to get, my r is just standard atm and not thinking of lowering it of any sort just want it to handle better around corners and roundabouts etc, what would be best? also would i need to take into acount i might go for 19"s instead of 18"s in the furture??
The wheels wont be a problem. The choice really is yours. For a general improvement over the standard then 22/19 will be cool. For a more marked improvement, and if your just going to change the bars and nothing else then the 22/22 or 25/22 may be more suitable.

Paulie said:
Yeah I will be and fitting a Turbo in near future...I think 25mm front and 22mm rear is what I want..So how much would this be fitted with Defcon bushes?
If you are going to turbo the car then 25/22 is definately the way to go. I had the privaledge of driving a customers 440hp turbo'd mk4 the other week. It had KW V1's and the 25/22 set up on it and it was absolutely amazing. One of the best and nicest handling cars i have ever driven!

Bars would be £272+VAT
Labour for fitting rear bar - free
Labour for fitting front bar (inc geo + 10% discount) - £105.30+VAT <- this is ONLY when done with the bushes.
Defcon bushes are £99+VAT IIRC
POwerflex bushes to go with defcons and then front wishbone rear bushes - £57.60+VAT
Labour for fitting bushes (no 10% labour discount unfortunately) - £99+VAT

G

·
Its not advisable to fit Powerflex bushes with the Defcons - I would only advise going to Defcon 2 - which uses smaller OEM bushes combines with the Defcons.

Info here.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I'll definitely be up for this GB, I had the rear fitted on my last service with Awesome so will be looking at doing the same with the front.

·
3,732 Posts
Awesome_Andy said:
Sorry mate :frown: and i think it was me that sold them to you!!
i'll let you make up for it by giving me a totally amazing one off special discount on some ECS Stage5's then thats unbeatable by anyone else.....

:biggrin:

oh, and some blooooo calipurrrrs :biggrin:

·
490 Posts
Hey Andy,

i am definitely going for this GB. Thinking which combination to go for in the meantime. WIll get back to you.

br,
Arthur

G

·
Very Cherry said:
i'll let you make up for it by giving me a totally amazing one off special discount on some ECS Stage5's then thats unbeatable by anyone else.....

:biggrin:

oh, and some blooooo calipurrrrs :biggrin:
I've always found when GBs are running I've already had it fitted before hand and always miss out on the discounts :shot:

G

·
Awesome_Andy said:
If you are going to turbo the car then 25/22 is definately the way to go.
It had KW V1's and the 25/22 set up on it and it was absolutely amazing.
I have pretty much the same except my KWs are V3s and combined with the Haldex performance part it makes for a superbly handling car, one that I would well recommend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.