VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm Fiona, and I have just registered today. After seeing a link on another forum.

I drive a 2003 R32 in blue. It's had a revo re-map done. I love it!! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Welcome Fiona, Great to see probably our first lady member to the site ,

How you finding the revo ? Its next on my to do list.

Any pics of the car ?

steve

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I was looking on the members list, just to see if there was any other ladies on here. I guess it is quite rare, I know some ladies don't take to the forums but as yet I havent had any problems - fingers crossed.

The revo is great, makes it very smooth. I had it done cos it was acting a bit choppy, took it to Big Boys Toys and they said it would sort the problem. It certainly did ;-)

I will get some pics up, when I get home. It prolly isn't cleaned as much as it should be though!!!

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Look forward to seeing them,

So the revo made the car pull a lot smoother then ? Theres a software upgrade from Vw called the 6463 upgrade, thats to cure any hesitation but the revo or apr upgrade does the same thing plus more power.

Any plans for any other bit doing to it ?

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I took the car to the local VW dealer and they refused to do the software upgrade. So instead of trying other VW dealerships, just decided to go for the revo. Like you say the revo does add more power as well so that was a bit of a final decsion maker in the end too.

As for further adds, when we were at one of the shows last year, we saw the twin turbo thing for the 32, so that is what I really want to do to it next. But that wont be for a while yet.

·
616 Posts
Welcome, where abouts in Kent are you from? Nice to hear you got the fastest colour!

·
385 Posts
Hi mate,

How much am I looking at for a revo and where can you reccomend I go? I am new to the R32 scene, bought mine on saturday, deep blue 3 dr 2003.

Cheers

·
385 Posts
Decked,

how goes it mate?

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Fiona said:
Yeah I took the car to the local VW dealer and they refused to do the software upgrade. So instead of trying other VW dealerships, just decided to go for the revo. Like you say the revo does add more power as well so that was a bit of a final decsion maker in the end too.

As for further adds, when we were at one of the shows last year, we saw the twin turbo thing for the 32, so that is what I really want to do to it next. But that wont be for a while yet.
Turbo !!!!!! Very nice. Check out some of the eip video's of the "R"s with turbos. I'd love to go down the eip turbo route but i may be just dreaming at the minute.
Oh and nice to see you picked the best colour LOL.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
TOTGT said:
Hi mate,

How much am I looking at for a revo and where can you reccomend I go? I am new to the R32 scene, bought mine on saturday, deep blue 3 dr 2003.

Cheers
APR is around 375 on offer at the minute, Revo is around the same.

If you look on the official Revo site there'll be a list of authorised dealers in your area.

·
616 Posts
TOTGT said:
Decked,

how goes it mate?
Hello! I'm guessing i know you? do I?

·
385 Posts
Cheers mate,

Which would you go for or is there not much difference?

·
385 Posts
we were chatting about the nurbrgring trip last night

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Theres little difference however i know of a few R32 owners that have swapped from APR to Revo as they found it more suited to thier car , smoother and better power delivery too.
I'm planning to go for revo.

·
385 Posts
Deckedr32 said:
Hello! I'm guessing i know you? do I?
Sorry mate, had you confused with fifty!!!

·
385 Posts
Cheers mate. Will have a look later.

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Deckedr32 said:
Welcome, where abouts in Kent are you from? Nice to hear you got the fastest colour!
Hi, thanks. I am from Tunbridge Wells. Yeah blue is so fine. It was either that or black, but once I saw the car in bue that was it. I only wanted blue!!!

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TOTGT said:
Hi mate,

Cheers
I paid around £400 for the revo, and got it done at Big Boys Toys in Essex. They know their stuff there, they have been racing an R32 and winning for a while now. Good bunch of blokes.

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
macdaddy said:
Turbo !!!!!! Very nice. Check out some of the eip video's of the "R"s with turbos. I'd love to go down the eip turbo route but i may be just dreaming at the minute.
Oh and nice to see you picked the best colour LOL.
The turbo wont be for a while yet, but thats the ultimate goal for me ;)

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I must say you lot have been very friendly and welcoming!! It makes a change for a girl not to feel intimidated coming onto a prodominatly male scene - Thanks guys :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts