Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opinions please, i really like it.
Updated from yesterday with new daylight pics and black badge

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
I like the honeycomb grills, had them on my Leon TDi Cupra (during my brief diesel phase...)

·
3,137 Posts
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say I'm not that keen, I think a black mesh gril with a silver badge would look better

·
748 Posts
dubzter said:
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say I'm not that keen, I think a black mesh gril with a silver badge would look better
True, I don't like the black badge as much as the original photos with just the grill - all personal preference tho'

·
244 Posts
mmm I am undecided on this one. At first I was like "oh no", but the more I look at the pictures, the more my mind is being changed.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok having had the grill on for a week i do like it, i'm still undecided about whether to put the silver badge back tho, i'm leaning towards the silver badge.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey some one needed to take on for the R32oc guys and girlies LOL

I'm still undecided really but now swaying towards the silver badge as the missus said " Why've you changed the badge , it looked better in silver "
And that from someone that isnt even interested.

·
206 Posts
can you put pics up with the silver badge?

how about opening the light units up and painting the chrome black as well, maybe matt black then the whole front would blend in better.

EDIT: just seen the dates in the thread!

·
1,149 Posts
I've got one, this is possibly the best close up i have.

Attachments

·
3,788 Posts
"themainlegend said:
Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this subject up from 2008, but i really want a black grill on my MK4 DPB but just wanted to know what the paint was (satin black, gloss black etc??) and is it easy enough to do myself??

Cheers!!
I did mine myself mate, bought a donor grill on eBay for £15 and kept my original colour grill thought that'd be best and saves a bucket load of problems if you ever change your mind.

Sanded the paint down a bit not totally off but most way down, and just rattle canned it with some primer and matte black and lacquer (personal pref) from halfords.

Gloss looks the dogs on DPB btw :top:

·
2,018 Posts
i remeber i bought a black grill, it never looked black :( when the car was clean only when dirty.... :(

for a lazy person (like myself) head to the junk yard and see if there willing to sell you one.... cost me £25 full grill with badge

1 - 18 of 18 Posts