VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,808 Posts
nice, you gona keep them red? I would.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I think so too Lee :) They look the nuts behind some BBS CH's or the like (shame its impossible to get them at the moment though!)

G

·
There is an article in this months Performance Tuner of a set of red Stage Vs behind a set of 19" CHs - they look amazing :151:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ordered the same kit from The TT shop last week.

They bet awesome on price.

Haven't had time to fit them yet. Got friday off work so may get time then. Then i can show them off on saturday at awesome.

Red capilers behing standard wheels on mine.

Might do a fitting guide if get plenty off time.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
nice calipers !!!!

I need new pads soon but think i'll be just upgrading to sports ones.

Lee i didnt like those wheels when i first saw pics but the more i see them the more i think they look ace :top:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All fitted now and bedded in with a 2400 mile trip to italy, they are awesome, peddle is a little soft but when it bites wow!!

Well chuffed cheers Andy, (Awesome) very helpfull and top service.

Just need some new wheels to show them off, thing of some porsche replicas to carry on the theme, any thoughts?

Lee

·
748 Posts
Lovely brakes but i've always wondered when then discs wear out do you have to purchase special discs or are they a standard item available anywhere??

certainly and upgrade i'm looking to do in the future :ridinghorse:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vealige said:
Lovely brakes but i've always wondered when then discs wear out do you have to purchase special discs or are they a standard item available anywhere??

certainly and upgrade i'm looking to do in the futre :ridinghorse:
They are brembo i think altough ECS via awesome do the discs they are about the same price as the standard VW ones!!!!

Lee

·
344 Posts
ok digging out an old thread i too have just ordered the ECS Stage 5 kit (christmas present to myself), its slightly more complicated for me as i'm changing some of the front suspension, hubs & rack on my charged 4Mo for r32 / TT type kit with the improved drop links & quicker rack etc.

So basically rather than buying the std Mk4 kit i'm buying the r32 kit so i'll end up needing the same amount of clearance for the calipers as you guys (the templates on the ECS website seem to show that the r32 needs more clearance over the stock Mk4 setup).

My question is did any of you have to fit spacers in order to get the necessary hub face to back of wheel spoke clearance (shown as being about 58mm on the ECS website which is a fair old bit), i'm not worried about the internal rolling diameter as i know 18' BBS RC's will clear, its just the whole distance from the 'hub face to the back of the wheel spokes' thats worrying me.

I fitted 4 pot brembo GT Juniors on my Rado VR track-day project last year and had all sorts of fun & games finding wheels that would clear them and they just needed about 48-50mm so suspect i'm going to have problems!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Awesome_Andy said:
I think so too Lee :) They look the nuts behind some BBS CH's or the like (shame its impossible to get them at the moment though!)
your right bbs ch,s are near imposs to get but after lots of surfing & phone calls i found a company in ireland who sold me a set & has many more cost me £1150 & went quit smooth
about 1 week i think.the number is 08712003784 ps dont tell anyone !!

·
344 Posts
I did'nt order my kit from Awesome, it's coming direct from ECS in the states, where the dollars so low as the mo (still around $2 to the £1) it makes good sense even with the VAT & duty etc, well worth considering imo.

tamr32 said:
Whats the cost from awesome on these

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
I feel that my brakes on my R32 are not as good as on my TDI

(Just feel like I have driven through a ford) When I brake.

Not as sharp as I would have liked.

But I still love my R32.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts