VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my excitement with you guys that my new MkV DSG 5-door in Black has now arrived at the dealers,:party:and I'm just waiting for the registration plates to arrive so I can drive it home (prob next Tuesday:vroam:)..... It's a funny system of getting reg plates here, you have to have insurance before you get plates and various other quirky issues.

I been posting a fair bit, and been getting grief off my missus for looking at R32 websites far too much. But the stuff I've learnt on here has been invaluable, so thanks all.

I'll be posting some pics asap, and will be buying some carnauba this weekend. (although I read that you have to leave the paint protection coating a couple of weeks before applying more wax).

I managed to calm down and realise that I can't afford new rims or colour coded bumper. Although a USB interface is quite likely, and there are loads of other things I want to do.

I was back in the UK recently and bought an R32 user manual, so have been reading that cover to cover for the last week or so (I presume the one I get with my car will be in Japanese).

Now I've just got to go through the painful process of running it in correctly. At least there are plenty of gadgets to fiddle with.

OK, I'll shut up now.

James :D :D :D :D :D

PS Davefish, your time will come.....:top:

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
good news James, bet you cant wait!

Out of interest, do even the VAG cars come without salt protection underneath in Japan? as i know most of the JDM stuff doesnt but i wondered if the VAg stuff for the Jap market would be the same..

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
748 Posts
Feel for you, new car so near, but still have to wait! But it'll be BIG FUN when you take the keys!
:beerglass::beerglass::beerglass:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts