VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Been away for a while doing up our apartment, so had no time to go online too much.

Last week I found out that my clutch will have to be replaced.
I noticed that when depressing it I could feel "clicking" vibration on my foot, so I went to the local VW to get it checked.
They told me its the clutch, so now before I fork out 1100 Euro for labour in VW and €186 +VAT for the clutch itself I want to check with you guys if it wouldnt be better to get the performance clutch instead of standard R32 one.
Would the performance clutch make any difference in the R which hasnt been modified?
And which one would you go for?
:D
Cheers,

Stan

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
the majority of performance clutches available for the R32 retain their stock feeling.

I have just ordered a Streetwerke Stage 4 clutch from america which is getting major reviews at the moment and there is a group buy on the Vortex which means the clutch is only $724. The only problem is the shipping :\

On a standard car you wouldnt notice anything really. It can just take alot more power (700ft/lbs of torque). That sounds like a lot of money that VW are trying to charge you :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
The standard clutch is a really good bit of kit and take some serious abuse, the flywheel along is iirc approx £7-800, the clutch istself is around £200, this is just for the parts. My mate, VW racing techie, has said the clutch and flywheel is good for an easy 350bhp without any issues and the gearbox is good for 400bhp without any issues. And yes VW will charge an arm and a leg as it takes a "good" techie around 4-4.5 hrs time just to strip that side down, ie remove gear box etc, then theres the fitting then the refit.

Not sure if this is any use to you but there you go:angel:

HTH

Jimmy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts