VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this on VWVortex but I wanted your opinions too.

I need some help deciding on a clutch....
There has been lots of talk about clutches but I'm confused.
I've had 2 Sachs clutches and somehow destroyed them in no time with my VF stage 2 setup and a lightened flywheel (that I hated) so I'm back to stock and I love it (they think they were faulty from manufacturer). However, I'm going to be upgrading to the FT400 or FT440 from HGP from the HPA FT360 and I want something that'll take a pounding up the strip as I plan on going up Santa Pod a lot this year. At the moment I can give the stock setup (with Quaife LSD) a good run without slip but it whiffs a little when I get out (only done 4K on it) and I know what'll happen after a few hard launches.
So all I want is an upgraded clutch, I don't want a flywheel (I hated the chatter).
Lots of people have talked about the VF and Clutchmasters but I'm not sure what I'm looking for...
Here is what I've found.
http://www.clutchmasters.com/s...=5909
Will this work with my setup? And will it be easy to drive? I don't want something that's on or off....
Does anyone go with the HPA clutch? After all it must be up to the job.....

The US guys are advising me on getting the streetwerke stage 4 kit, has anyone purchased anything from them and had them send it across? or can the kit be bought in the UK?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
i have the stage 4 clutchmasters one, and love it to bits - extremely agressive though, but thats just how i like it.

·
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
stock flywheel, and got it from CPL Racing, theyre mainly a honda tuner but are UK Clutchmasters dealer, £515 inc delivery!! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts