VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Kenwood DDX-7025 Double DIN DVD Head Unit and Kenwood Music Keg but unfortunately the music I download from itunes cannot be transferred to the Kenwood Music Keg and it turns out that its not possible to plug my ipod video into my Kenwood DDX7025 and watch movies from the ipod so Ive decided to splash out and get the Kenwood DNX-7200:

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/multimedia/multimedia/DNX7200

The menus look incredible and you can even put on personalised backgrounds :)

The NAVI should come in handy in the summer when a few of us Guerns are going to the Nurburgring

BTW that therefore means my DDX7025 will probably be up for sale

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
I currently have a Kenwood DDX-7025 Double DIN DVD Head Unit and Kenwood Music Keg but unfortunately the music I download from itunes cannot be transferred to the Kenwood Music Keg and it turns out that its not possible to plug my ipod video into my Kenwood DDX7025 and watch movies from the ipod so Ive decided to splash out and get the Kenwood DNX-7200:

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/products/car/multimedia/multimedia/DNX7200

The menus look incredible and you can even put on personalised backgrounds :)

The NAVI should come in handy in the summer when a few of us Guerns are going to the Nurburgring

BTW that therefore means my DDX7025 will probably be up for sale
What sort of money you after for the ddx ?

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think somewhere in the region of £600 is fair as the unit can be picked up for approx £900 new and this is a fair compromise.

I may let it go with the following additional items:

Kenwood Music Keg
60GB DMS Cartridge
20GB DMS Cartridge
10GB DMS Cartridge

All prices listed are negotiable and subject to change.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
I think somewhere in the region of £600 is fair as the unit can be picked up for approx £900 new and this is a fair compromise.

I may let it go with the following additional items:

Kenwood Music Keg
60GB DMS Cartridge
20GB DMS Cartridge
10GB DMS Cartridge

All prices listed are negotiable and subject to change.
:015: Ouch, i know thats a bargain for someone but they really do cost the earth dont they.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Worth every penny in my opinion. I will never go back to a single DIN head unit now after having a double DIN with a huge screen :)

Reactions: Benji26

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
FiftyPenceR32 said:
Worth every penny in my opinion. I will never go back to a single DIN head unit now after having a double DIN with a huge screen :)
I've got sat nav at the mo, but know what you mean. Looks strange seeing normal stereo and cd player now.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found the DNX7200 listed on Ebay for ~£990 but as Guernsey is tax exempt I will be able to purchase it from a local retailer exclusive of VAT.

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The D3 looks rather nice, the custom background feature and custom coloured buttons are also very nice although personally I find that the big round knob on the left hand side of the unit is not in keeping with the overall aesthetics of the R32 interior therefore I ruled it out from my new head unit shortlist.

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
yea apparently the knob is there because it was design in the states, hence it being in a good position in a LHD car :\

·
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Pioneer Avic-HD1BT looks smoother and it even has an internal 10GB hard drive to fit a few songs on aswell as the usual Ipod connectivity and Satnav.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts