VW Golf R32 Forum banner

New member, from Essex :)

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  Wallsy 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone!

Been on this forum for a while now, so thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Chris, 22 from colchester in Essex. Have wanted an r32 since when I was old enough to drive and after saving for what seems a life time, and a lot of searching I'm finally going to view a mk4 tomorrow night! Far too excited at the moment.

Anyway, brilliant forum have learnt a lot from it!

Cheers guys!

#9 ·
Welcome Along you could be from a better place :)/>

Enjoy your potential new purchase ul love it

RNS510 Video in motion, V9 Maps, Speed Cameras, FW2760, FW3980, FW4020 FW4120 With Radio Text, R32 Boot Up Logo & Can Gateways £90 Coded
Thanks pal
one of the nicest places I'n the uk to be honest.... Haha.

Can't wait to finally get one, like a little kid at the moment!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
UPDATE - bad news today!

Was meant to go view the r32 tonight, so decided to do a HPI check as I usually do before buying a new car. Found out it was a cat D write off in 2004. The seller did not mention this at all. His owned the car for 18 months and says he didn't realise it was a write off, but I find that hard to believe!

Think the car is still on pistonheads so could include a link for people to watch out?

Gutted, but thank god for HPI!

EDIT - seen the car is back in pistonheads, but seller has listed as cat D so maybe he was genuine in the end!

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Smart move fella. If you post your ideal spec we may be able to help you search ������ welcome to the oc
Always worth doing ain't it! Cheers for the warm welcome mate
ideally I'm after mk4 dpb, 3 door, half leather and full service history would be good! Up too 6500 grand mark is what I'm looking around. Seen some lovely ones about but just out of my price range unfortunately!

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Haha a mate of mine bought that exact spec yesterday lol. There are a few about. Tire Wheel Product Car Font

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Font
beware the low mileage one. The ad is appalling, clearly written by someone more used to selling X reg Micra's These are on autotrader amongst some others

Attachments

#20 ·
Douggie MkIV said:
Haha a mate of mine bought that exact spec yesterday lol. There are a few about.
beware the low mileage one. The ad is appalling, clearly written by someone more used to selling X reg Micra's These are on autotrader amongst some others
I emailed the bloke on the cheap one and I can confirm he tried to scam me as I'm trying to buy one myself....bellends!!! I also got beaten to the cut on that left hand one
gutted!
Ah we'll I'm still hunting too

VAG4life

#21 ·
I emailed the bloke on the cheap one and I can confirm he tried to scam me as I'm trying to buy one myself....bellends!!! I also got beaten to the cut on that left hand one :(/> gutted!
Ah we'll I'm still hunting too :)/>

VAG4life
He tried to scam you? What happened mate? I noticed the other one was sold pretty sharpish! Good luck finding the right car

#22 ·
Cheers shag....looking at one today
buzzing!

He said he worked in the army and that he's alway away and that he would have the car delivered to me and I could test it view it as if I didn't like it he would refund money.....do one!
I couldn't get a reg out of him so I could HPI it and he ignored questions about me viewing it.
My final email to him said only until I have seen and driven the car will we talk money......funny he didn't email back! :-/

That other one sold in a day!!! Couldn't believe it....well I could...it was hot!
Time to fire up the anniversary and head up north

Goood luck yourself pal

VAG4life

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.