VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hello all, how's it going? Just thought i'd drop a post in here and introduce myself. I'm Tim (bet you'd never have guesseed!) and i'm currently in the market for a Mk V R32. I'm selling my EP3 CTR at present, so if anyone is interested in a p/x, then please let me know. The market isn't exactly booming at the minute, and the last thing i want to do is get robbed by a dealer/stealer.

I had a test drive in an R32 last week, in the hope that it would put me off the idea of changing, but it's done the exact opposite. I used to have a ~400bhp Evo VIII and i expected the Golf would be a big let down compared to it, but it really wasn't. Possibly because it's a number of years since i've driven the Evo. Anyway, i was very pleasantly surprised by the torque, sound etc of the R32 and hope to be the proud owner of one (preferably black/steel grey) in the not too distant future!

TL;DR - i'm new, hello.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a link to your car? Are you interested in p/x or just a straight sale? Whereabouts are you based?

I'd prefer black, 3 door, leather, lowish miles. With the obvious: good condition, service history, accident free etc.

·
19,388 Posts
Birdie's car is an absolute stunner.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha. I take it you're a Mk IV man, Frankie? I did have a Mk IV Golf a number of years back - the GT-TDI 130bhp model, but i'm after something a bit newer now. My CTR is '04 and i want to move on a few years. I did love that Golf, though, and it served me really well when i used to do 30-40k miles p/a, to/from work. Now i do about 3k p/a, so an R32 is right up my street.

·
1,138 Posts
Welcome along, and hope you get the right car.

Birdiemachine has a nice car, and I am sure he will put up the link to his build thread.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Literally just looked at that thread, mate. Stunning car, but i'm after a manual version.

The plate would have been nice, too. Let my 3 digit one go in the sale tonight (for a fee), to save the hassle of transfering it here, there and everywhere, until i get my new car. Not having the ability to put it on retention is a joke!

·
149 Posts
Literally just looked at that thread, mate. Stunning car, but i'm after a manual version.

The plate would have been nice, too. Let my 3 digit one go in the sale tonight (for a fee), to save the hassle of transfering it here, there and everywhere, until i get my new car. Not having the ability to put it on retention is a joke!
I'm a total DSG convert now tbh. It's a fantastic gearbox. Shouldn't have much bother getting rid of the reg if the buyer doesn't want it tbh. Had plenty of interest in it before advertising the car. The retention thing is a joke in NI.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts