VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I just found out about this forum yesterday, and as far as i can see most people here are from UK.
I got my car a year ago and i have loved every minute of it. I added a cold air intake, disabled the flap in the exhaust, and added a JVC 7" DVD with a 12" sub and an Alpine amp. Im thinking of getting some coilovers installed but i might go for springs for now as im going to europe and i need money :)

Anyway, i just wanted to say hi and show you my car.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site.

Sure you will get lots of hello's later.

Nice R you have there and weather

All the best,

·
110 Posts
Welcome to the site mate, lovely mota. We finally have some weather to match yours for a change !! :xD

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Welcome along.

You must be the furthest away member from R32OC HQ !!

How many R's got imported to Aus ? I presume they werent VW imported from new ?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate

·
264 Posts
Hello welcome to the forum!...Like the Polo GTi beside your car...:)

·
93 Posts
Hehe another person from Perth, although I'm fair few miles away at the moment. Dreading sending my car over to Perth later this year (I'll lose license too soon back home, 60mph speed limits and all on freeway)

btw I should also say hello to everyone here, thanks for having me also. Get excuse now to rub up my mates in Pulsar GTi club

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
There are 200 mk4 r32s in Australia, imported by VW, but only 200. Perth has about 5-10, and a couple of them have been destroyed. We never got a red one, all we have are 50% black, 25% are silver and 25% are blue. We even have build plates so they keep the price quite nicely. Mine is no. 144 of 200. They imported only 32 cars to NZ, so they are ever rarer.

I love the weather here, its great for polishing, cleaning, car not getting dirty (except for dust) but having a black car with full leather seats in summer (40+ degree celsius ~3 months a year) is no fun. You can't drive it properly either, aircon is blowing all the time, and the air getting into the engine is too hot. Towing services have the most work during summer with most cars overheating. the winter is the best for cruising :)

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Has yours ever broken down due to overheating?

·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no never, (touch wood :)) Temp gauge is always on 90, no matter if its cold or if its 40 outside and aircon blasting. It never moves

·
215 Posts
I can imagine getting in that car after a day left outside work would be really hot and uncomfortable :(

Weve had some hot days these last few days, and ive left my car in an open car park in the 23+ degree celcius heat for about 10 hours and that was bad enough! thats even with the sunroof left open and its a silver car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.