VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Joined this forum off the back of a recommendation as I'm hoping to bag an R32 at some point. Always loved the Mk5 R32 (in that classic blue) and my first love was a mark 3 VR6 (a mates car back in the day).

Will be scouring the pages for advice/Gotchas and general R32 discussions (and will be keeping a close eye on the classifieds!)

I'm hoping to get a deep blue 5 door Mk5 R32 DSG with....low Tax (i know, like rocking horse stuff). But will keep my eyes open.

For car history I've had:
T Reg Corsa Sport 1.4 16v (badass car)
Renaultsport Clio 172
Renaultsport Clio 197
Golf GTI Mk6
Golf GTD Mk7
Mondeo ST220
Current - Octavia VRS MK2 (Stage 1)

Based in Cheshire, so feel free to reach out 馃憤

Welcome to the forum...

Reactions: Mrred32

Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
Welcome, don't bother with specifically looking for a low tax car, at this age go for condition only. These cars can burn the extra 20 quid a month in tax in minutes in petrol only.
Not thought of it that way before , but you are absolutely right. Anyway, welcome to the forum, and see above for the advice .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome, don't bother with specifically looking for a low tax car, at this age go for condition only. These cars can burn the extra 20 quid a month in tax in minutes in petrol only.
Thanks very much and I did think this. Just painful to lose 拢1200 every two years in tax alone (was painful when I felt this with the Q7!).

Would be happy to compromise on desirables like wingbacks and sunroof for a low Tax variant. Either way, the sound of these things is unbelievable. Best sounding V6 around (imo) so just to own one would be excellent. Plus a friend of mine has just purchased the TT with the same engine!

Agreed that the condition needs to be the primary consideration though with cars of this age (services, rust etc). Happy to hear any advice on what to look for (seen some buying guides around).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts