VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just joined. I purchased a 2008 R32 to replace my motorcycle addiction after a gnarly wreck a couple of years ago. Figured having something AROUND me is a safer choice. Accidently came upon the R32 while looking at Audi TT's... and I have to say I'm much happier with this route than I thought I would be.

The goal with it is to have a fun daily driver and do some autocross events for fun.

I've got all of the parts to do the PCV diaphragm and will be ordering a Velt coolant manifold here in the next couple of days.

I'm trying to figure out the suspension route I want to go, and the only thing that is holding me up are coil springs. I do NOT want to lower it. Looking at Koni Yellow Sport adjustable dampening kit (its on sale for $511 right now), but all of the coils I find (other than stock) lower the vehicle more than I'm willing to go. Any suggestions are very welcome if you have any ideas!

I had ordered the ECS Tuning coilover kit, but after reading/hearing reviews from others with failures (and a flooding issue at home), I am going to send them back. I was looking at the ICS coilover kits, but haven't really looked into them much yet. Their rep was awesome to talk to and very knowledgeable about his products. It sounds like they may offer the height/adjustability that I am looking for.

No other real performance stuff has been added yet. It came with a Borla exhaust (its pretty loud, looking for something a little more mellow), and I put an Evolution Motorsports cold air intake on it (which is MUCH heavier than the stock setup, it just looked cool). Put 034 Motorsports engine and transmission mounts on it which was a MASSIVE improvement over the collapsed stock ones (someone stripped out the bolts before I had it, so I had to helicoil them, that was NOT fun). Looing at a UM tune for everything here pretty soon as well.

Attachments

·
19,389 Posts
Welcome to the forum...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts