Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick Hello to all here from me,
Just traded in my 03 R32 for an 06 R32 and boy what a difference
chalk and cheese even

Regards Darren

·
1,084 Posts
Hi and Welcome Darren!

I'm sure most people on here are interested in your answers to the above questions.

I'm expecting to hear you say the MkV is more grown up, refined, quiet etc, and the iv more raw, more fun, more communicative.

Why the change?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum :ciao:

·
575 Posts
M5LLO said:
Just a quick Hello to all here from me,
Just traded in my 03 R32 for an 06 R32 and boy what a difference
chalk and cheese even

Regards Darren
I also came from a mkiv to a mkv.although i really enjoy the mkv it still lacks something i had with the previous R.Just cant seem to put my finger what it is,even after 9 months of having the old girl.
Perhaps its all in my head,i just dont know??

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To start off i am not out to upset anyone that has either a MK4 or a MK5 but here is my story anyway!
I have had the MK4 for 2.5 yrs now and felt that we needed a change and whilst i wanted an RS4 i was advised by er indoors that this was not an option!!!!!!!!!!!!
So as a compromise (her words and not mine) a new R32 would be o.k
Went out and got a 56 Reg R32 and here is what i found-Drives great with much smoother power(manual gearbox also),it seems better screwed together,it is way to quiet and a Milltek(as before) is the only answer,Have changed the wheels already to 19,s (as before) and have had to fit 225x35x19 as 235,s catch on arches for some reason?
Getting window tints/radar detector/phone kit as we speak and will get car back tomorrow
Will give more updares as and when had it a bit longer
Regards to all Darren

·
1,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate, good to see you chose a good replacement :)

·
1,084 Posts
M5LLO said:
To start off i am not out to upset anyone that has either a MK4 or a MK5 but here is my story anyway!
Nice disclaimer! It's OK man, you're not on vortex now!:knuddel:

My other half is well up for an RS4 or RS6 Avant, we just have a small financial problem.:bawling:

·
243 Posts
Hi Darren, was wondering where you'd disappeared to recently!

I nearly chopped mine in for a Mk 5 recently but have ordered an Edition 30 instead! Not seen you about for a while, although I have moved out of Worcester a bit now.

·
1,184 Posts
Seen your old R with private plate on trader this week, looks like a nice example. Why'd you sell the plate, surely it was worth a bit?

·
1,184 Posts
Good choice! They robbed your pics then?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.