VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Picked up my black 3 door 57 plate R32 yesterday and I'm a very happy chap... Moved from a B5 RS4 and don't regret it at all.. Very happy with the car.

I will get some photos up as soon as I get a few done but iv got a quick question first

How do I get into the car if the battery fails?? There's no lock under the boot handle and none in the door handles.. Thought there might be a cover over the drivers side lock but I'm not so sure after having a look.
Do you think the previous owner must ave de locked it??

Sorry to come In with a question straight away.. Just thought this was the best place to ask :)

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not the best shot but its a start

·
19,389 Posts
Welcome to tje forum and hope you enjoy the new car.

If you look at the driver's door handle you'll see a cover where the lock would be. Under that cover there is a lock:)

Reactions: Syvee

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Hi mate thanks for the reply .. How do you get the lock cover off.. I'd have thought there would be a hole to prise it off with ..

·
19,389 Posts
You can prise it off with your nail or the corner of a credit card, or any other suitable plastic item that won't scratch.

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thanks mate.. Ill get a proper introduction sorted out soon :)

·
210 Posts
Welcome mate, im from Mansfield area might see you about

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Welcome along mate. I'm in notts also we will have to sort a meet out. Where about in notts are you.
Hi Stefan88 I'm South Notts Near West Bridgford ... Mini meet would be cool.. Sounds like there may be a few round Notts area

Thanks for the welcome guys... Been enjoying the car today

·
Batman Member
1,516 Posts
Ahh cool cool roger is near you in west bridgeford. He has a candy white mk5. I'm kimberley way if your ever local let me know.
Enjoy the car mate you will only love it more and more.

·
Registered
512 Posts
[sup]Car looks great :)[/sup]

·
374 Posts
hey mate. gav from gedling. lovely .:R. i also have a mkv. do you fancy a meet on sunday? derby. drive to my house and we will meet harv off here. hes going to Rfest aswell. also a mkv so would be great to all drive down. pm me if youd like to make arangments. its a fiver to get in.

·
Special Member
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks guys... Those of you from the Notts area we should sort out a mini meet sometime.. Any of you lot know "Gunthorpe" ? .. Would be a good place for a meet.. Bee,r weather, good food and no speed ramps near the 3 pubs that sit by the river Trent.. Of course anybody else is welcome

1 - 20 of 21 Posts