VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Mk5 R32
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I've recently bought a mk5 R32, and now I wish I had got one sooner.
It's booked in soon for a full service, dsg, haldex etc, exhaust upgrade to follow (can't decide what to do on that yet) :)

Right now I'm looking for some advice regarding installing an RCD510... I would like connectivity to the mfsw and also some advice on which compatible bluetooth module to buy to get audio over bluetooth... I.e. so that I can play music from my phone using the mfsw.

I am also going to get cruise control fitted at the same time...

I've looked at some other posts but they seem to be from a while ago and not exactly what I am looking for.

·
Registered
2006 Volkswagen Golf R32 | Black Magic Pearl | Sunroof | DSG
31 Posts
Welcome! I am a pretty new owner too. Love it so far!

In terms of the exhaust, a very inexpensive upgrade that sounds awesome but doesn't break the bank is getting a MK6 Golf R Catback exhaust, doing the flapper mod, and adding some nice tips. It bolts up directly and sounds great! I have it on mine and absolutely love it.

Have you considered an RCD330+ unit, or set on the RCD510? They have android auto, carplay, Bluetooth, everything including MFSW control. Good price too and very OEM appearance.

Cheers!
Sam

·
19,472 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

With regards to the exhaust, you may wish to consider a system from forum member Lucifer.

Reactions: N3DXT and Lucifer

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
ive just had a RNS510 fitted I bought it for 250 off FB and paid the local stereo shop £60 to fit.

it doesn't have the blue tooth tho. tbs its all a bit of a faff. as above the Chinese copy RCD is a good option but have to get the right one. and its Chinese.

have a look on FB. there's a few RNS's on there at the moment. there's also the blue tooth kit at £160, thought about buying it myself but then I'd be £500 deep and should have just bought the RCD copy

·
Eats Kitty Litter
7,368 Posts
Welcome to OC :) If you got any questions about your exhaust system or after market exhaust systems including the ones i make just pm me.

·
Registered
2009 Mk5 R32
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I didn't know of them before so glad I came here. Will give it some thought and do some more research.

·
Registered
Mk5 Golf R32 , black 3 door 2006
805 Posts
Welcome.Exhaust upgrade ? I bought a full system from Lucifer . Quality and service outstanding. Fitted beautifully and sounds wonderful. Will I ever need another one ? Nope . I have also had need to drop off the rear section when I did a suspension and subframe upgrade . Came apart very easily and went back together just as easily . I have fitted a few aftermarket exhausts in my (many) years of car ownership and modification. Lucifers system is the best one I have ever used .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts