VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondered what sizes were best for the golf...went to go buy one today and the guy started going on if i had the correct size?? 'i dont know' was all i could say for about 5mins!:wtf:
if anyone has one, if it needs slight alteration and what size works best...any advice would be great
chears

·
387 Posts
for a mkIv golf my understanding is that the polo rear aero wiper is a straight swap, however the mkV golf rear aero wiper needs the black plastic cap filing/sanding down a couple of mill at the base to sit flat just clear of the rear glass :hmmmm2::)

what car is it for?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice one, ill just get the golf replacement then, i dont mind a little bit of work.
have you got one, if so a pic would be great

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
the new polo one is perfect fit no sanding needed 2 min job looks great and works alot better
pic of it fitted

·
1,432 Posts
I have the polo aero wiper although it must be the older polo because the cap needs filing down on mine at the bottom. It sits fine when still but will pop up as soon as I turn the wiper on.

Thats just a FYI, so if the newer Polo wiper fits perfectly even when working thats great.

·
79 Posts
Ive got the mk IV so which mk Polo wiper do I get, the current one or the one before the current one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for that guys, im still confused tho!
the guy kept going on about wiper arm sizes...like 280mm or 325mm? when you bought yours did it have a specific size and what year golf/polo was it off.
cheers

·
1,432 Posts
A 2004 model Polo wiper should be fine, I think theyve brought out a newer model since then.

All I know is, when I had my R32 in 2004 I bought the latest model polo wiper and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i got the current polo one from 2004 on wards

·
619 Posts
The cap on my polo wiper pops up every time I close the boot :(. Are there any tricks to stop that folks???
Cheers,

stan the R32 man ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts