VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just registered my mum on here shes just got a Mint Silver R32 30k miles 53 Plate.

I drive a A3 1.8T With 260 BHP and recommended the R32 to her!

Just a few Q's, My A3 has had all its work done at Jabba-sport. I asked them about a Remap on her R32 but they said 8bhp, What do you do to get a bit more Horses out of them?

Dont have the cash for turbo or supercharge route, Im guessing just a Map Full miltek and an induction will give no more than 10BHP?

Thanks and HI!

Jason

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
jason,

Firstly welcome to the site

I'm running Milltek sports cats, Milltek straight through system, Carbonio CAI and Revo stage 2.

With those mods the car should be running 280+ bhp if you believe the figures advertised.

In reality its probably around the 265-270 mark however driveability is much improved. More pull across the rev range and a dramatically improved 0-60 time due to the rev limiter being removed.

A remap on its own will improve the car but my advice is to think long term, ie dont waste it on a map if your going to add an exhaust etc down the line because it'll probably need mapping again to take into account those mods.

·
385 Posts
Welcome - as Macdaddy said lol!!

·
1,957 Posts
Because the R32 is normally aspirated, it's harder to get the power gains. That said, don't be put off by an 8bhp gain. I've had a stage 1 Revo remap on my R32 (which apparently gives an extra 12bhp) and the car is so much more driveable. The midrange power is delivered much smoother and it makes the car more fun to drive.

To get big power gains you need to fork out a fair bit of cash. For 300bhp you'll be needing new camshafts, sports cats, full exhaust system, remap, new air intake and possibly (depending who you talk to) a lightened flywheel.

I don't know where you're located, but I'd recommend giving Ed at APS a call and he'll talk you through some options. I've dealt with APS a few times and have been nothing less than 100% satisfied with them.

·
.:R32OC Resident Pervert
7,935 Posts
Hi Tina and Jason,

Welcome.

When I had my TDI , I went to Jabbasport and had a remap and HID lights fitted.

Nick was very good,

But I don't think they do work on the R32 ?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
5,616 Posts
Hi Jason, welcome to the forum.

·
1,184 Posts
I'm suspecting you advised your mum to get one for your own enjoyment...?! If so, excellent work and a shrewd move! I'm not looking for massive gains from my mods as the stock power is excellent anyway. If I wanted 300bhp+ I'd have bought an evo or similar. All I'm after is better driveability and to that effect I'll be remapping in the near future. I also have a CAI on the way and Milltek res zorst so I'm hoping for mow that is all I'll need (with maybe a shortshifter and haldex controller later ooops!).

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the positive replys guys,

Having looked into it more its already had work done my AMD and a print-out showing 280 bhp, im guessing this must have a Miltek and an AMD map on it. By the way it was done at the old AMD in bicester not the new cowboy style AMD in essex.

She picks it up this weekend so i'll get some pics then,

What other things can you do to R32's to improve them?

Coilovers, ARB'S?
I wish i could get put on the policy as a named driver but im only 19 and my modded 1.8T is enough for me to insre so wouldnt want to think what the R32 would be!

Jason

·
5,616 Posts
The list is almost endless, ARB's, coilovers, race cams, sports cats, manifolds... forced induction!

·
1,184 Posts
Surely it's time for a link to your milltek vid mat ;-) Only jealous with my restricted resonated!

·
5,616 Posts
:xD I love it, and the fact that it's expected by almost everyone that I put a link to it on any thread that mentions the word "Milltek"

Well, I cannot and will not disappoint...

Jason, this is what your mum's Millteks should sound like if it's non-res :D

·
5,616 Posts

·
1,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jason. I'll be impressed if you can actually get your Mum to post on here!

Well done on getting her to buy an R though!

As the car has already had some mods, how about changing the Haldex controller to give more power to the rear of the car more of the time. From reading around, this is meant to really make the car feel different.

One question..... have you raced her yet?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts