VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.

Never used one of these forums before but here goes....

On the 26th April 2008 I picked up my new R32

3 door
Manual
Deep blue Pearl metallic

In one week I have already clocked up 1200 miles.
Absolutely love it!!!

Already fitted a Gruppe m carbon intake which sounds amazing, the quality and fit of the kit is first class. It also looks fantastic.

Have a HPA quick shifter also sitting at home ready to go on, so I hope this makes changing gear more precise and a lot shorter throw.

Next on the agenda is the exhaust, everyone seems to have a milltek which seems very good value for money but not too sure about the sound.

Supersprints are superior quality but 2x the price

Does anyone have any experience with the supersprint on the MkV R32?

Also what about remaps?
Reuben at Tuning Werkes has recomended the APR software?

Any help would be gratefully recvd

many thanks

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
2,548 Posts
Hi chap, welcome to R32OC!

How do you find the intake? Can you feel any difference from stock?

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on the HPA Short Shifter!

The Supersprint sound is amazing. I'm deciding between this and Milltek. I have a feeling the tips on the SS are 70mm (Milltek is 100mm) which if true, is a bit of a turnoff as 100mm fills the bumper perfectly.

Gets some pics up (inc engine bay) asap ;-)

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ,

Thanks for coming back to me.

The thing is when I put the gruppe m on, my car only had about 500 miles on it so was keeping it below 4k rpm. so really would not know what stock felt like.....

But now you can hear a deeper bass note when you accelerate hard, and a distinct bark when hit the accelerator initially.

I have taken plenty of photos will upload this week.
It really does look amazing under the bonnet

Yes the HPA shuifter is supposed to be really good, it has 2 positions, a 20% reduction and a 40% so you can chose haw short you weant the shift to be.

Will let you know what it feels like once fitted, will hopefully have it on my car by this weekend.

As far as the exhaust is concerned, i think th Milltek sounds too much like a BMW m3 E46. The supersprint sounds more rorty.

Theres a good video of it on you tube

They look like 100m tailpipes, so the exits would be pretty similar to the Milltek

Its the cost of the supersprint, I believe it works out around £700 quid just for the back box, and another £300 for the centre section

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
R32OZ said:
Hi ,

Thanks for coming back to me.

The thing is when I put the gruppe m on, my car only had about 500 miles on it so was keeping it below 4k rpm. so really would not know what stock felt like.....

But now you can hear a deeper bass note when you accelerate hard, and a distinct bark when hit the accelerator initially.

I have taken plenty of photos will upload this week.
It really does look amazing under the bonnet

Yes the HPA shuifter is supposed to be really good, it has 2 positions, a 20% reduction and a 40% so you can chose haw short you weant the shift to be.

Will let you know what it feels like once fitted, will hopefully have it on my car by this weekend.

As far as the exhaust is concerned, i think th Milltek sounds too much like a BMW m3 E46. The supersprint sounds more rorty.

Theres a good video of it on you tube

They look like 100m tailpipes, so the exits would be pretty similar to the Milltek

Its the cost of the supersprint, I believe it works out around £700 quid just for the back box, and another £300 for the centre section
Another exhaust system which sounds unbelievable is the Neuspeed for the R32 Mkv
Not available over here yet, but I'm having a Neuspeed dealer here in London do some investiagation for me, initial feed back is that it does not meet US noise regulations, but they are a lot stricter than the ones over here,
Neuspeed are saying its a "race system"

listen to it on this clip

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=yGVFx-mjj0g

absolutely awesome sounding!!

·
5,616 Posts
Welcome to the forum R32OZ :D

Where about's in Kent are you, as I'm in Ashford?!

APS in Brackley have remapped my MkIV and I'm very pleased with it. At £350 it's one of the cheapest remaps too!

Matt

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, good morning

The fuel was definitely worth it! every last drop of VPower!!!!

Mattchaps
I'm in bexley, so not a million miles away, will definitely try and get down to the Brands hatch meet.... Do you go down or are there others????

I was also thinking about APS.
Have you seen their aps R300 conversion?
Shrick cams
Milltek
aps remap

Can you really notice the difference?

·
5,616 Posts
I went to Brands in March and I'm going to try and make it most months. Hoping to go this month too. We seem to get about 15 people put their names on the list, and as long as the weather is nice I reckon that most of them will turn up!

I had APS fit my Millteks and remap my car at the same time and I did notice the difference. The car pulls hard from 2,000rpm and once you hit 3,000rpm she pull really hard, then keeps on pulling to 7,200rpm (The remap also raises the limiter from 6,700 to 7,200 rpm!). Overall the power is now delivered a lot smoother than before.

I know they had the MkV R300 conversion, and one chap on here had it done to his.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when is the brands meet, last wednesday of the month isn't it?

will definitely be there,

are there any other meets in the southern area in the mean time?

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What did you think of the R300?

from what i have read most r32 mkv are well down on power until you pile on the miles....

I think i'm going to order a supersprint exhaust to start with, already have a gruppe m carbon induction kit fitted and then think about remapping later

·
5,616 Posts
R32OZ said:
when is the brands meet, last wednesday of the month isn't it?

will definitely be there,

are there any other meets in the southern area in the mean time?
Yep, last wednesday of every month.

There haven't been any other southern meets that are local to me, although there are a few of us from Kent so maybe we should try and organise a Kent mini-meet!?

R32OZ said:
What did you think of the R300?

from what i have read most r32 mkv are well down on power until you pile on the miles....

I think i'm going to order a supersprint exhaust to start with, already have a gruppe m carbon induction kit fitted and then think about remapping later
The R300 is a good conversion IMO, and if you want power without having to go forced induction then it's definately worth considering.

It does seem that the MkV needs a good few miles until the engine loosens up, but then I think that was also the case with the MkIV as it's basically the same engine!

There's plenty of time to think about getting a remap, and getting the exhaust now is a good idea as you'll be able to notice the difference that each mod has on your car individually!

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes a mini meet would be a great idea!

would definitely be up for that

another chance to put some miles on the car.

·
264 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! Im also looking at a GruppeM intake but im not sure how the warranty works with the car? The dealer told me anything i change on the car will make me void warranty completely?? Can any one comment on this?? And how much did you pay for the GruppeM intake if you dont mind me asking?? :)

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi!

The gruppe m kit is amazing, great quality comprehensive installation guide, with all parts that you need to fit.

Well my car was brand new on the 26/04/2008 and i have fitted it, worse case scenario would be to remove it and take it back to stock, no parts are changedm, only thing changed is the position of the maf sensor.

As far as cost. i was lucky enough to be given it as a present from my girlfriend

It costs 80,000 japanese yen and has to be ordered from Japan direct
Hoya at gruppe m is really helpful. Think that works about 400 pounds for the kit

I would say its definitely worth it

Heres a picture from the gruppe m website, I will post some pictures of my car tonight

https://www.gruppem.co.jp/onlinestore_en/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_24&products_id=529

it sounds superb gruppe m quote a good power gain also

·
394 Posts
sorry if i sound stupid but will it fit a rhd uk mk5 r32

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah

Mine a uk car

All cars in japan are rhd.

so basically exactly the same as ours in the uk.

I am going to try and upload the pics of my engine bay later on tonight.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sorry i'm very new to this...

how do you upload an image to the forum??

Got some pics of my baby and the gruppe m induction kit fitted

·
5,616 Posts
Get the pictures uploaded to somewhere like photobucket (free), then just copy the IMG code that is below the image and paste it in here. Job done!

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
nice one many thanks

do that right now and will stick some pictures on tonight

many thanks again

1 - 20 of 29 Posts