VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon Fellow R32 Owners...

My Name's Chris and I'm a chocoholic.... Oh wait! Wrong group ???? lol
I'm from Kingston in Surrey. I'm new to R ownership but veteran to VeeDub and Golf ownership ????????

First VW was a Mk2 Golf 1.6 until some dumbass decided to T-bone me coming out of a petrol station ????
My second Dub was a '67 Beetle cal look.... Stunner!! Just couldn't afford the upkeep at the time ????
Third was a Mk3 GTi colour concept In Jazz Blue (best colour)!! Hoping to get her back soon for a project ????
Fourth My Mk4 GTi 1.8t in reflex silver! Great car... Sister has it now! Couldn't sell her to some BoyRacer!!

Now.... I'm excited to say it's all about My '09 Mk5 R32!! ????
She comes in Reflex Silver, 5dr, DSG and I call her "Belle" lol

it was a choice between the R, a Boxster or a 335i m-sport!! After deciding the Bimmer was too big it left me with the R and the Porka! I really couldn't decide which one to go for and decided that I would continue to look at both cars until the right one of each came up.
After viewing and test driving many "lemons" I was losing faith in finding the right one then I went to view "Belle"... Love at first site! Ticked all the right boxes; low owner, low mileage, leather, rns510 (no Bluetooth! Hoping to get it added on), clean inside and out, right wheels (omanyts) colour wasn't too much of an issue as I like the R's in pretty much all colours! Always thought I wanted a manual but after testing both manual and DSG decided either would be fine (not concerned that DSG is .seconds quicker to 60! Not a racer lol).

Have read a few forums on different things people have been doing to theirs. Have seen a couple interior Tweeks I like the look of, also think I'll be doing the gladen speaker upgrade at some point! Any other options people can suggest I'm all ears! Had subs etc in my Mk4 think I'm too old for all that now (32) lol just want some good sound quality to cruise along to when not listening to that exhaust note!
Also thinking after seeing a lot on here being lowered of getting a set of H&R sport springs to tuck the wheels in a bit! Again any alternate options/brands I'm all ears lol

Well that's my story so far....

Looking forward to meeting some of you at meets in the future and seeing some of the beasts you all own! ????

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Car Plant
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Car
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
Nice photos of your Mk 5,she looks nice Chris.I have seen your previous Mk3 colour concept GTi before,As our previous comments on the spotted post. In the DFS carpark New Malden.Its funny as I was going to say I have seen one a few time there on that post. Small word mate !

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice photos of your Mk 5,she looks nice Chris.I have seen your previous Mk3 colour concept GTi before,As our previous comments on the spotted post. In the DFS carpark New Malden.Its funny as I was going to say I have seen one a few time there on that post. Small word mate !
Yep that was me.... Stood out like a sore thumb amongst all the dirty mundane-o's
always kept her clean! My first gti and I loved every minute of ownership! So much so I'm trying to get her back!!

There are some vids of me messing about on the snow at dfs from a few years ago.. Search "SBFATZ" hahaha

·
Registered
158 Posts
Nice... In the land of the old skool VeeDubs
maybe just a lil bit too far for a "local meet" looool
Would love to own an old skool beetle again or maybe this time a karmann ghia
Yeah, although I'm long overdue a visit back "home" lol.

Old school dubs are cool, but I don't think I could go back to one as a daily. I've had 3 "proper" beetles in the past, last one was a rebuilt '69 import which I still regret selling but a house was more important at the time.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I loved my '67 it was dropped and all tarted up with rear wheels so deep a baby would drown
but couldn't afford to get it repaired at the time!! If I get one again it'll defo be the "Sunny Sunday special" I love the R too much to give it up! Got a few things planned for her this year
but still saving for my down payment as well so the R will be an ongoing thing lol

So you originally from this way (Kingston) or somewhere around the area??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.