VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

R32 Mark V, I am looking for some help as to how to gain access to the engine management area, as I need to reprogram it to engage my cruise control is needed. It asks me for a code that I cannot find!

I recently bought an R32 MkV, low mileage 2008 DSG car. Got it for an absolute song, it needed a little TLC and that's what she's been getting. Critically I picked it up at 40k miles and was able to get the gearbox and haldex fluids changed.

Anyway, the appears as if it had fallen into the wrong hands previously, had "benefitted" from lots of stupid upgrades such as eBay xenons etc. Things such as the air intake had been messed around (and the clips and brackets broken in the process) with but I've been over the vehicle myself and sorted out the dodgy wiring and all the incorrect grade fuses in the box etc (seriously why would anyone do this?!).

Anyway, it would appear that someone has gone into the system with VCDS and set it up incorrectly. Reading inbetween the lines it would appear it has been retrofitted with the Sat Nav system and they've cocked up the codes.

I've sorted most of it out but to allow the cruise control to be set, I need to access the engine management and it asks me for a code to do that. Weirdly it says on the system that someone has attempted that twice but I am wondering if there is a generic manufacturer code or if I am going to have to look somewhere to find it? Any ideas as to what it might be?

Thanks to anyone in anticipation of a helpful reply

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I say dodgy wiring by the way, I don't mean it has been totally messed up, I mean clips have been put in at the wrong angles and brackets in the headlamp clusters incorrectly set etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts