VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Been away for a few weeks due to work / rl issues etc, just wondered what people thought of my recent visit to a VW dealer in Leeds...

Basically, after falling on love with my R32 I asked the salesman if I could put my name down on a new R36, to which he required they need a £2500.00 deposit. After the initial shock I said that can't be right surely, its not due out for another 12 or 18 months? He then came back saying that they need a £1000.00 deposit to secure a car. I guess the days of just putting your name down on a list are gone, or rather, they prefer to sit on as much money of yours as they can!

I must admit, I haven't yet asked another dealer, but when I ordered a new M3 back in 99 it did only cost me £250.00 to secure a car, maybe its just inflation :blushed:

·
1,184 Posts
That is obscene mate. The cheek! yeah we'll sit on the interest on a your cash while you wait for us to delay the launch as long as we can?! T****rs

G

·
Sounds a bit suspect to me. Have you seen proof postive that the car is actually going to be made. Any idea of price of this as of yet fictious car?

·
.:R32OC Site Contributor
1,149 Posts
I agree with Khutula, i'd hold off until you've actually got some proof that the car is going to be released as the new Golf is due at the end of this year and they might not bother with performance versions considering the Scirroco is now out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It cost me £500 to secure my car when I ordered it last December. They even told me that they would order the car and I could drop off the deposit later.
Monkey

·
Registered
58 Posts
khutula said:
Sounds a bit suspect to me. Have you seen proof postive that the car is actually going to be made. Any idea of price of this as of yet fictious car?
VW have officially announced the R36, it's a Passat
Monkey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts