VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
3,732 Posts
we had a sportback for a while and as a standard package theyre very good. but that S3 is a dissapointment. i know audis tend to be subtle but for the pricetag i want more effort on the styling to make it more muscular looking. the wheels are too small, the LED's on the headlights are daft looking compared to other models and it just doesnt make a mark

ill take the previous model s3 thanks :)

·
777 Posts
having been an audi man for the last 2 yrs I heard no end about the S3 on the audi-sport.net forum.The S3 is a good car, quick, easy to tune to 300+ Bhp with a simple remap. I always think 300 bhp from a 2 litre engine is pushing it a bit for long term reliability but people seem to have done ok with their S3 remaps.

my brother has a sportback. I had the 3dr A3. to be honest, he said its not that much bigger or practical, just has the 2 rear doors which gives easier access to the back so he can get his kids in and out easily. But size wise its not that much of an improvement/revelation.

adding the S3 to this model was inevitable, but for the purist the 3dr is lighter and more compact (only by a few inches, not sure of the weight difference). I guess if it were out when he was ordering he would have had the S3 sportback, at present he has the quattro petrol 2.0 turbo sportback.

I know some of the guys on the audi forum are really unhappy with the new headlights with the LEDS in them on the A3. They think they look ugly and I have to agree. some guy even ordered the S3 and they facelifted it during the time he was waiting for it (without telling him) and he took it back!! I think the LED lights look good on the R8, bit daft on the A5, but really crap on the A3. leave it for the top of the range R8, not the A5/A3 etc.. Just my opinion

G

·
Its a good move from Audi to make a fastback, however I'm still not sure about the looks. Should be more aggressive.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
I was just about to say " It very wrong making a sports car in an estate version" Then i thought about the upcoming R36 and of course the RS4 Avant.

While i'm not a great fan of it i'm a fan of the S3 and think Audi have got the styling so right over the last few years.
Maybe not aggressive enough but then thats just how they are.

Oh and while i'm on check out this little beauty i spotted in the Alfa dealer :

Sorry but it was a camera phone pic. The spider is looking stunning at the moment and at 25k for this limited edition version its also a bargain too.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
khutula said:
So when will it be parked outside your house? Looks great :xD
Haha i wish it would be.

I even had a silly moment where i was about to ask for a trade in price on the R . . . . . . . :D

·
2,808 Posts
I even had a silly moment where i was about to ask for a trade in price on the R .
Im sure that wouldnt have been a pleasant conversation.

Love those alfas, shame theyr a bit too slow, sooo much presence for £20-25grand though, blows a boxster out the water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts