VW Golf R32 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

New here, just about to pick up my new toy, 2004 MKIV R32 with just over 110000 kms. Now, this car has a problem with AC, firstly, it only blows warm air and secondly, only the window and foot vents blow air. The dashboard vents on both the driver and passenger side do not.

Now I would assume that the AC could be could do to needing a Gas Regen, or maybe a blown fuse. Any other possible problems, or known problems with the AC system? The previous owner hasnt used the car for over 2 years and it has stood in a garage for most of its life. With the car being 11 years old, I guess the gas could have evaporated? Not sure what could have caused the dashboard vents not to work. Could someone clarify possibly how the air distribution system works?

I've checked the car over and all looks well, no sign of chain noises, no squeaks or rattles over bumps, no strange sounds from lock to lock either. So overall I am happy on how it rides.

Any other tips for what I should look at? I've heard there could be a water in the footwell issue, but not sure how to diagnose a car which has been in a garage? any common signs or areas where there could be blockages?

Thanks a bunch

X77r

·
Sausage Fingers
3,706 Posts
Check the linkages underneath the heater box. It might of popped off or something may of jammed keeping it shut

·
Registered
100 Posts
Interested to hear opinions on this one...
Both my dash vents do not blow air either and my AC blows warm air, I've put this down to requiring a re-gas but unsure on the vent thing.
Mine is a Mk5 though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts